First gel coat repair attempt = not good

yes, I see I was incorrect clarion …
… about the pigment you added as a coloring agent to the already white Scratch Patch .

It may not really be a “crap” product as you seem to feel . It is a poly-urethane which many are proven to have high surface abrasion resistence and other desirable properties .

Although I do feel the market label advertising when it says “gelcoat” repair is misleading one to think “gelcoat” , and that the store person understanding your desire to repair gelcoat lead you to this product was improper and perhaps deceptive ??

We can make a pissing contest out
of almost any subject.

Wotever !!
Add pompous to your CV !!

Marine Tex
http://www.marinetex.com/marinetexepoxyputty.html

Marine Tex is a white epoxy (2 part) that is meant for the patching of white hulls, white gelcoat areas etc. A 2-bottle kit is around $17. it’s stronger, better adhesion and easier to use than gel coat. It comes in white, grey or black. There’s no tinting colors but 99% of the time, you will not match your white anyhow. It’s a thick viscosity like gooey putty that can be applied on a vertical surface. But for us, that’s no problem. It’s so strong that you can tap it for a bolt. I have done some larger and minor kayak hull repairs and always use this or regular epoxy.

String:
I represent that remark!

Jim

You need to take a pill & lie down
You’ll bust a vein ranting on in such a fashion.

If the titanium dioxide is the catalyst
for the moisture cure cross linking, how does the clear version cure ?