First Trip to Little Tupper

Great lake. My partner, daughter (13y.o. new paddler) and I put in on Saturday and paddled under thunderheads to Site #7. We managed to set up camp and had dinner underway under a kitchen tarp when the rains came down in buckets. It quit later in the evening so we could enjoy sitting around smoldering wet wood campfire and then we crawled into our bone dry tent and hammock for the night. The next day we spent paddling over around Site #10 and playing on the beach. Rains opened up again at dinnertime but the gear worked great again and dinner came off without a hitch. I spent the night in my new Hennessy Hammock and have never spent a better night in the woods. Unbelievable comfort and again bone dry during a bit of rain. Much easier to get in and out of than I thought it’d be. We packed up on Monday morning since it looked pretty much like another repeat of the same weather and paddled out. This was a good time on a beautiful lake. The loons were great neighbors. I loved being on a lake with no motor boats. Couldn’t believe how whipped up Little Tupper gets when the wind picks up! Pretty dramatic. Thanks for the recommendation of a great trip.

Diane