Fishing from Kayak

I just purchased a short fishing rod and reel (similar to an Ugly Stick) for going pan fishing from my yak. Does anyone have any feedback on mounting the rod/reel on my 15’Dagger Cortez?

check out harmony gear…
there’s a link to the site from dagger’s site. They make a removable flush mount rod holder that you can install on your boat. I’ve looked at one for my dagger savannah, but haven’t bought yet becuase I haven’t decided where I’d want to put it yet. Would be kinda nice to be able to stick the rod in the holder, long-line a lure out there and troll as you paddle.

I think Old Town makes a similar setup, in fact, one or the other has a complete fishing outrigging kit with folding anchor, rod holder, etc. Might be worth checking out.

Post on the fishing bulletin board
Also, checkout kayakfishingstuff.com, or something like that. Do some Googling. Myself I have 4 rodholders on my dagger crossover, they’re ~$15 at west marine or any gander mountain/cableas. I troll & jig for salmon & lakers here on the great lakes. You can go overboard in a big way outfitting for fishing.

happy trails

try www.jaxkayakfisking.com