Fishinyak

How was the smoked bluefish?

• Big D

Haven’t tried it yet…
Waiting to line up some other guinea pigs…err friends to share with…before I try it…<br />

I only have 4 filets… BTW: How was the Salmon?

FY

Nummy
I’ve got some striped bass fillets in the freezer that I’m going to pan fry this weekend. I like them simple - Ritz cracker crust and pan fried in Olive Oil. I’ll probably serve some grilled asparagus and strips of squash with them. I’ll see what’s at the grocery store for squash, whether yellow squash or zucchini or what.

There’s plenty, so I’ll probably have the neighbors over. Leftovers will be flaked over spinach salad or spiced up with sauce and served in fish tacos.

• Big D

Sounds great… I have decided to make
a Smoked Bluefish Pate with the filets… Found a recipe that sounds great, and I can serve to neighbors at a party this weekend, and at the fly fishing club meeting Wednesday night.

Of course, I will make a batch tonight for myself first, to ensure quality control…

FY

Sounds awesome
When should I come around?

Saturday afternoon… The Grill will
be cookin too! Marinated Chicken Breast and Asparagus.

Thinking of washing it all down with a Marguerita, in celebration of Cinco de Mayo.

FY

Made the Pate this evening… Going
to let it sit overnight in the refrigerator to allow the tastes to mingle…

You should try it sometime… Since you all have big blue up there…

Ingredients:

1-1/2 pounds Smoked Bluefish, skin and dark meat removed and crumbled.

16 oz of Cream Cheese, softened

2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice

1 Tablespoon Lime Juice

2-1/2 Tablespoons Cognac

1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper

4-6 dashs of Tobasco Sauce

3 Tablespoons Minced Red Onion

1/2 Finely Chopped Chives

Mix ingredients in a food processor, except chives and pulse until well mixed. Stir in chives. Cover and refigerate over night.

Preliminary tastes, before maturation says this is a winner. I will see tomorrow how much better it tastes.

FY

I’d eat it.
Sounds good.

• Big D

Well, by the comments from the
Flyfishing Club, it was definately a hit.

Less than 20 people, and over 2 lbs of Bluefish Pate was devoured completely. I had another deli bought Pate, that was about 1 lb and still had about 1/3 of it left.

Definately will have to make it again this fall when we meet again…

FY