Flatpick-new boat? Zephyr?

pics
any pictures would be incorrect anywho. we’re not 100% done with her. the hull es perfecto but the deck is very rough. like I said----mid-winter release.

steve

Meridian tweaking good idea
Steve - I’ve been paddling my Meridian a lot over the past couple of weeks, and the tweaking you mention is really needed, in my book. I like the boat, but it will not track for beans, at least with me (with the skeg up).

I came to the conclusion last weekend that it’s bow heavy. I set it next to a Romany, and found the Meridian seat something like 4-5 inches further forward. To compound things, the Meridian looks like it carries more volume behind the cockpit than the Romany.

Next, I’ll try a 10 lb. rock in the back hatch…my buddy’s Captiva responds quite well to that treatment - except when the rock shifts around…

Alan

Try a Dromedary Bag instead…
…it doesn’t shift around as much and when it does it won’t make as much noise. ;

Pictures of new Zephyr here …
Slightly different design though.

outriggerconnection.com

Compared to Romany
The Romany has a very light bow. Looking down on my Romany next to Celia’s Explorer or my Aquanaut the cockpit is set notably farther beck in the Romany.

I tend to load the bow of the Romany heavier than other boats. (e.g. I load the Aquanaut a bit stern heavy) I love my Romany, but the bow is very loose and can get blown around.

The Romany is narrower with a bit more of a keel line than the Meridian. I think the Meridian has slightly rounder chines.

Though the Meridian bears a resemblance to the Romany, it is different enough to have its own personality.

the pix i have seen:
http://playak.com/galleries.php?glid=616&pid=3045

a wee bit of a writeup…

was this scanned in right from a catalog?

rob

Thanks!

Outriggers
I think outriggers are incredibly beautiful boats. Don’t think I could handle one, but boy are they gorgeous.

Grey is a Nice Color
or is that spelled gray?

Playak pics
The pics on Playak look promising and it sounds like it will be a nice design. Looking forward to seeing them when they hit the water!

WCSKS
there’ll be a proto hitting the water.

steve

English is grey, American is gray

almost true
not scanned, but typed :slight_smile:

So is my hair…
…what’s left of it, anyway.

confused-but thatis normal
nice to see pix up from OR anywhere…

since i do not workin a shop anymore i miss seeing the new and faboo…

o-iget it…writeup typed in…oops…

Probably won’t make it down but…
Let me know when they arrive in BC and I’ll go check ‘em out!

Cheers…Joe O’

My spell checker must be American…

– Last Updated: Aug-24-07 4:18 PM EST –

It just won't let grey though..
So are my Crayolas

Why the big cockpit

– Last Updated: Aug-24-07 7:34 PM EST –

Look like the cockpit opening is pretty large. Is it actually that big?

Also, the two sizes for paddlers weight? Performance differences? We're looking at a couple to use as guide boats for next year.

cockpit
it is ‘normal’ sized. the sizes relate to performance. the 15.5 will fit similar to tempest 165 and the 16 will fit similar to T-170, both with a little bigger opening in cockpit.

steve