float stabilzers

sea sponsons
greyak…fancy meeting you here. I just posted a question about sponsons and, as you know, I just purchased a Q700. I guess you would frown upon drilling holes into a new QCC Q700 in order to instal inflatable sponsons. I probably won’t do it but I did want some opinions on it. I see quite a few here.

You should definitely do it. You will
thank yourself for your wisdom. When you take your children in your QC700, they will be much safer.

Stabilisers
To make it clear It was greyak I considered to be patronising.

If you find you need
sponsons on a Q700 - send it back so they can resell it to someone that wants to paddle! L

Ask Frank if it needs sponsons. He’s new to narrow beams and had mine out in some good wind and chop.

You can handle the jump - just take it slow and don’t expect it to feel the same as you SOT. You will not learn what you need to with sponsons attached to that hull. You have another kayak if you want to fish or float around. If you want a floating lounge chair that’s faster than your 140 - maybe I’ll sell you my 160.

PS - On the 700 you would not have to drill anything - there are numerous fittings to clip them to. Be warned though: The main reason “real” sea kayakers carry knives it to cut loose from entaglements with lines and other gear - sponsons are in that category - and someone may feel the need to save you from yourself.