Florida campground question

Jack, are you exaggerating a little…
…or is it really almost impossible to get reservations at those SPs in the keys? I tried for this winter many months ago but figured I just waited a little too long. Maybe you can pay scalper prices to “sub-let” a site, haha.

No, I am not exagerating

– Last Updated: Jan-15-05 7:22 PM EST –

I don't know about the summer months, it might be easy.
But for Bahia Honda and Pennekamp it is just about impossible for the winter months.
They take reservations starting one year to the date prior to the dates you want it for, and not one day before.
We wanted Either SP for the end of Jan for two weeks, and I started trying a year prior to the date last year and Bahia Honda was all booked.
We lucked out and got the last site that Pennekamp had available, and we are even thinking that someone cancelled out and that is why we got it.
I have wondered in the past if there is hanky panky involved.
A month ago we tried to get Collier Seminole for the beginning of March, and it is all booked solid.
Back before Reserve America came into the act, you could call the state park directly and almost always get a site.
This is "progress" !

Cheers,
JackL

PS: no I won't sell my spot, we can just stroll across the street to the B & B this year