Folbot Cooper

Since I recently paid $4k for Feathercraft K1, I was quite shocked to see this weeks announcement of the Folbot Cooper. It has the same basic specs as a K1 but the price is only $1.2K and it only weighs 31 lbs. If anyone is in the market for a folder, you will probably want to check out http://www.folbot.com/FromTheFront/ and the other material on their Web site. If anyone purchases one please provide us your impressions.

thanks for the info
the old folbot catalogs from the 60’s and 70’s were ‘art’, in color and complete with bathing beauties. they produced an amazing array of boats and accessories. a friend here in beaufort has an old ‘glider’ with sail rig. i’m glad to see they are still in business with modern models. the cooper looks very cool. i also like the concept ‘edisto’? with the zippered convertible decks.

I’ve got a Folbot Yukon…
Just finished a week-long solo trip up to Voyageurs National Park…Folbots are great! Hold LOTS of stuff! the new Cooper looks great for those who like the traditional, narrow boats…Folbot is a great company to deal with…