Folks to paddle with in the S F Bay Area

I am a beginning paddler who has taken some classes and I am about to buy my first kayak. I was wondering how to get in touch with other paddlers in the San Francisco Bay Area. I want to get out as often as possible and have been bitten by this “solo, social sport”. Any leads or emails would be welcome.

Thanks.

www.bask.org
Dogmaticus

2 groups
There are 2 groups of sea kayakers in the area, BASK (Bay Area Sea Kayakers), which was noted above, and WSK (Western Sea Kayakers - www.westernseakayakers.org).

BASK is more based out of San Francisco/Marin and Western Sea Kayakers is based out of the South Bay.

Both have monthly meetings which are open to anyone. BASKs was last night, unfortunately.

BASK has multiple planned group paddles each week, but unfortunately they place the calendar on the member only section of the site (even though you don’t need to be a member to join one of their paddles). I assume that WSK has similar group paddles (though I am not a WSK member, so don’t know for sure).

I think there is also a kayak fishing group for the Bay Area, if that interests you. Probably can find them using Google.