For we mature melanine deficient

sun lovers.
I mentioned these purple blotches that occur when we bump or rub our over exposed skin.
Went for my semi annual Dermatologist visit today. He said it is worse when you are on low dose aspirin.
The choice is purple spots or potential heart attack / stroke.

A New Age type friend recommended arnica gel to me to reduce the ugly rainbow of subcutaneous discoloration that was resulting from a major ankle sprain (I side-slipped off a step while carrying a heavy duffel bag and folded the joint sideways nearly a full 90 degrees until it popped and subsequently it swelled to twice its normal size.) Danged if the stuff didn’t work really well at reducing both edema and creepy colors. Can’t say for sure if it would help garden variety bruises but it’s cheap enough to be worth a try.

We can talk. I guess my melanin is hiding my spots. I started the low dose aspirin thing about a year ago. I had clots in my lungs and leg about two years ago and the doctor had me on Eliquis for 6 months. Doctors told me that aspirin won’t prevent my kind of clots but I’m hoping that’s a lie based on economics. Eliquis is very expensive and aspirin is dirt cheap! So far so good.

Maybe you should just go with the purple theme and dye your hair purple. It might help you attract younger women.

@Rex said:
We can talk. I guess my melanin is hiding my spots. I started the low dose aspirin thing about a year ago. I had clots in my lungs and leg about two years ago and the doctor had me on Eliquis for 6 months. Doctors told me that aspirin won’t prevent my kind of clots but I’m hoping that’s a lie based on economics. Eliquis is very expensive and aspirin is dirt cheap! So far so good.

When it’s not good it may be to late.

@TomL said:
Maybe you should just go with the purple theme and dye your hair purple. It might help you attract younger women.

Younger woman? Perhaps, staying on theme, just purple. And little, little:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5g1-HZr_x0

When it’s not good it may be to late.

The ER doctor thought it should be too late two years ago… and told me so. He was very young.

@canoeswithduckheads said:

@TomL said:

Younger woman? Perhaps, staying on theme, just purple. And little, little:

String said he planned to chase after younger women, at least until he’s back in shape for paddling. I was just being supportive.

I was just chasing a young woman. My Granddaughter is 8 and really quick. And I’m really slow. She is very athletic and I hope she’ll learn to paddle but it doesn’t look likely.