Forward stroke video nice short to the point!

It is a forward stroke using all your strength done as fast as you can.
My definition.

@string said:
My definition.

Seen when a power boat is about to run you down, a storm is on you in minutes, and you are using everything you have.

@string said:
My definition.

I like it but I feel it later especially with the Corryvreckan.

@string said:

Seen when a power boat is about to run you down, a storm is on you in minutes, and you are using everything you have.

Got it. That’s where interval training pays off. Something I really should do more of.

My definition of a “power stroke” is what you use to catch waves for surfing and once in awhile to get out of the way of a fast approaching yacht that doesn’t seem to have a visual on you and then there are those tugs that aren’t the least bit concerned about who, or what they run over. Oh yeah, there are those times when you find yourself surrounded by a couple hundred bull Stellers that let you know you’re in their space.

…or the current/wave is pushing you into a piling.

@magooch said:
My definition of a “power stroke” is what you use to catch waves for surfing and once in awhile to get out of the way of a fast approaching yacht that doesn’t seem to have a visual on you and then there are those tugs that aren’t the least bit concerned about who, or what they run over. Oh yeah, there are those times when you find yourself surrounded by a couple hundred bull Stellars that let you know you’re in their space.

Bull Stellars,?

@string said:

@magooch said:
My definition of a “power stroke” is what you use to catch waves for surfing and once in awhile to get out of the way of a fast approaching yacht that doesn’t seem to have a visual on you and then there are those tugs that aren’t the least bit concerned about who, or what they run over. Oh yeah, there are those times when you find yourself surrounded by a couple hundred bull Stellars that let you know you’re in their space.

Bull Stellars,?

Sea Lions. I thought you might be referring to Stellar kayaks.I learn something new every day.

@string said:

Sea Lions. I thought you might be referring to Stellar kayaks.I learn something new every day.

Stellar kayak was my interpretation as well. Then I wondered if the kayak was named after the sea lion. Nope. Stellars are kayaks. Stellers are sea lions. Two new tidbits of trivia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIfx-QDuHKQ

Another advocate at lifting the paddle near the knees. Really liking slo-mo; watched it at .25 speed. I have that DVD as well as No. 2. where he swims to a rocky shore in rough conditions with his kayak trailing behind, tied to his waist. He was exhausted as was I just watching it. Memo to self: never, ever do that.

For me personally, it’s hard to ignore that itch to try to improve. I’m always looking to train myself to do it just that little bit better. I’m sure I’m always leaving much to be desired, but probably also succeeding to varying degrees.

“Any changes I attempted, just didn’t feel right, or altered my cadence, or length of stroke and the efficiency seemed to suffer.”

It is rare that anything game-changing won’t have this initial effect. New muscles are usually unconditioned muscles. It will feel harder until it’s the new conditioned ordinary. New positions and movements are usually more awkward-feeling. I was just having a conversation about this a couple nights ago playing beach volleyball. I said that any change that I had ever made in my volleyball game that turned out to be meaningful, made me perform worse at first.