Free Wave Skis in Southern California

I’m in the process of moving and I’m thinning the quiver. I have three old waveskis that are well used but still surf just fine. These need to be picked up in person in Coastal North County San Diego.

1. Infinity 8.6 ’ Triplane. This was custom built for an adaptive surfer by Steve Boehne and got stolen and thrown in a canyon. It had been repaired very badly and I rescued it and made it water tight. It’s very user friendly and I have loaned it to numerous friends and taken it on long car trips Cosmetically it sucks.

2. Island 8’ “High Performance " I moved the footwells back before I had much experience fixing epoxy/foam. Best for a lighter weight rider ~ 5’ 6” to 5’10 ". The name is a bit of a misnomer if you weigh over 180 lbs. This ski has surfed in Hawaii.

3 . Wavemaster Strata - Well used and pressure dings on the bottom polymer material courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines. This ski has been repair many times. It’s not very stable and it rips. Footplate and belt position are adjustable. Best for an athletic person under 180 lbs.

I’ll post pictures. Let me know if you know anyone who would be interested.

1 Like

As REAL as it gets that you are moving from the coast!!! I surfed that Strata when I visited you. It was good for my 140 lbs back then. Agree that it’s better for a lighter person, (or highly skilled waveski rider), despite the adjustability of the footrest and seatbelt for a taller person.

sing

1 Like

Infinity Waveski - with some Pnetters

Keith Wikle

Looks a bit more aged than my Infinity Stinger waveski. More important than how it looks is how it performs. Here is mine in action:

It’s a great surf ride!!!

sing

1 Like

All three Waveskis have been picked up . :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds good!!! Are these experienced surf paddlers; have had previous waveski time? Do they know what to expect?

I know I got my but kicked on my first waveski (bought used). It was too low volume for my skill level (or lack of). I tried and tried and got spanked repeatedly. But, I was already addicted to surf with my surf kayaks and wasn’t going to give up. I found another used waveski (Islander "High Performance) which had more volume. That one gave me great joy and a doable learning curve for a year. After that, I passed that (as well as the first ski) on to other folks when I was ready to order my first customed ski from Islander.

sing

I gave them to a guy who is a bit of a waveski evangelist I guess. Surfs three mornings a week, and keeps skis like mine around to introduce friends. The infinity is a great ski for beginners. The island a little less so, and the wavemaster is probably not for first time paddle surfers at all. We found that most people who have never been in a kayak or paddled out on a wave ski, couldn’t even sit on it long enough to do up the seat belt.

1 Like