Freedom Hawk SOT.....

fergit outriggers…what about this? (I searched the archives befor posting this).

www.freedomhawkkayaks.com/Photos.htm

I don’t know what to think…
I’ve seen one up close and played with the mechanism. Seems sturdy enough but moving parts, especially one that control that large amount of mass, on a paddled craft are asking for trouble.

I have to wonder how well it would pole with the wings out like that.

Another concern would be getting my lines tangled up in the wings while fihsing.

But who knows. I’m sure it’s just the ticket for many fisherman out there.

Hfeavy and, unlike outriggers, you can’t
easily detach to carry to the water, load, etc. This craft has been discussed, along with the Wave Walk, on just about every kayak fishing site I’ve looked at. Have yet to hear of anyone buying one. If you want to stand, look at the Wilderness System Ride SOT.

looks like a gimmick
I can stand up and fish fron my Malibu X-factor… I’m sure if it was that great of a kayak it would have caught on and be really popular by now, it hasn’t for a reason… Its a creative good idea but it just seems awkward to paddle around in a “Y” shaped kayak…

I’m not selling them but…
they transition from the “Y” to a standard kayak shape for paddling…

well
its definately interesting, I could see it catching on in the future if it does a lot for the stability which it seems it does, I do kind of like the handle bar thing to hold onto… I figured it would fold up or whatever but how easily done is that??