Freedom solo performance

Nice Bob.

I had a later production Guide… bought used but essentially as new for $500, and sold it a couple years later for same. Didn’t much care for it. Build quality seemed middle of the road.

Currently have a RX Courier that I love, and just this spring found a mint Kevlar Courier that will show up soon hopefully.

Last year, nationwide I found +/- 6 Guides from mint Kevlar to fixer RX, There was one NOS Freedom solo in Idaho, and 6 Couriers, all RX, some beat, some set up as tandems. One was close to me and was nearly unused. Prices seemed pretty fair on all of them to me. People with Guides knew what they had, and they went away quick.

Kevlar Couriers are hens teeth.

I think the change from Guide to Freedom ( and drop in quality) coincided with the Confluence buyout…not sure.

LOL, here is a great looking Guide for sale…

1 Like

That is a nice price for a MR Guide in excellent condition, with wood trim, and a couple of paddles thrown into the deal. It it were 100 miles closer, and 100 dollar cheaper; I’d likely be attempting to get into contact with the current owner.

Alas, it is a close to 1,100 mile round trip for me.
Gas, food, and motel overnight would bring my cost to over a thousand dollars. That’s not gonna happen; although I did a 900 mile round trip to pick up my wood trimmed, kevlar, Courier.

BOB

1 Like

If you want, there are other options that are cheaper. Sounds like you are pretty well equipped already though!

Here’s a pic of yet to be delivered Courier:Courier-1

Over supplied would probably be more appropriate;
1 restored 1965 Chestnut Pal tandem, and 21 different solo canoes.
At start of this year the count was 25. :canoe:

BOB

1 Like

Awesome. I wouldn’t get rid of any except we are pretty tight for room. 3 is pushing it… 2 Couriers and a Kevlar Voyageur.

Sounds like you are in a part of the country where it makes more sense to be off the deep end with canoes and part and parcel, there are more boats to be tempted by.

Here’s a Freedom Solo for you…