Garage storage

And had a reusable metal spout that pierced the can and pretty much always leaked.

1 Like

I recently installed a Harken Hoist system on my garage ceiling. The garage door just clears it when the door is opened.

1 Like

Harken also sells the system with straps for individual kayaks, with a choice of load capacities. It’s a quality system that works very well, but it’s pricey. I have one, but got it on Craig’s List for about a quarter of the new price.

Harken Hoist for Kayaks

1 Like

It refers to this type of oiler. The sound is used in The Wizard of Oz, although the oiler they used on the Scarecrow does not make this sound.

Yes, of course. I should have thought of that … my can-piercing spout is long gone but I still have one of these oilers!

oil_sm

We need something like this for a big roof tent so it can be stored and then lowered on the truck.

The version I bought came with straps. I made the simple frame to support two kayaks from Schedule 40 pipe covered with pipe insulation.

And given that the two kayaks together weigh a little over 80lbs, and that I also store paddles, PFDs, skirts, etc. inside them, I went for the Harken 145lb max rather than the 90lb max version.

1 Like