Gelcoat fade designs.

Ok I may order a Seaward Passat G3. I see they offer color designs that fade together. Not sure if I like it or not at this point. Wondering how would you ever repair a gelcoat like that?

Don’t leave it out in the sun, don’t hit anything and don’t drop it and you’ll never have to fix it.

@DrowningDave said:
Don’t leave it out in the sun, don’t hit anything and don’t drop it and you’ll never have to fix it.

don’t worry I have a glass case for it made LOL.

Solid colors are easier to fix is it possible to repair a fade?

The hatch covers don’t match.

I’ll take solid colours any day. I doubt you’d get anywhere near a matching repair.

But hey, if you have money to burn and it sets you apart from others, go for it.

you can get anything any color you want even the hatches. Just a picture online to show what I meant. Their site has ability for you to color your kayak. I’ll probably get solid with different color hatches from deck.

When you paddle by in a tandem like my 22’ Libra XT you are set apart. People do a double take and many say never seen anything like that before. It’s bigger than my boat.

Most repairs will be the bottom side of boat were its a solid white. I wouldn’t worry about it. Put Klasse sealer on it once a year and it will keep its color just fine on the top side.

Paddling where I go is usually sandy Long Island. My yaks are pampered with soap wax and 303. Not worried about gel coat losing color. Accident off water who knows.

I could drive myself nuts

http://www.seawardkayaks.com/cyk_popup_passatg3.1.php

Swift Kayak makes some wild top designs. Look at the LT deck designs http://www.swiftcanoe.com/kayak-colours
Gel coat is hard to match solid or no. After a few years ( like 23) nothing matches

Dog, you might want to take a look at the nckayaks website for color possibilities. More important, if you are considering a new boat, take a look at the NC Expedition–19’-2’’ of pure speed and rough water handling joy. I’ve had mine for nearly ten years and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

@magooch said:
Dog, you might want to take a look at the nckayaks website for color possibilities. More important, if you are considering a new boat, take a look at the NC Expedition–19’-2’’ of pure speed and rough water handling joy. I’ve had mine for nearly ten years and I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Thanks but only considering Passat G3 tandem.