Goodbye Eddyline Raven?

@bac said:
The Raven does crack around the front of the combing. Eddyline did not respond to my request for help in how to repair it. I repaired it but its not pretty.

How long ago did that happen? How did it happen? Did you email or call?

They do have very clear instructions on repairing ABS on their website, including a video. I somehow managed to crack the seat in my EDY. They immediately sent out a replacement but I repaired the seat just for practice. Mine isn’t pretty either, but I didn’t want to spend the time making it look nice since the repair work wouldn’t be seen anyway.

I know one that cracked the combing twice and the seat twice. Sorry but not a real durable sea kayak. More of a rec or easy touring boat.

I enjoy the looks and performance of the Raven but could not recommend an Eddyline for anything but light rec use.

Yup. That ABS stuff sure is flimsy. Need to be gentle with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtLfVloJ0kE

Those Delta and Eddyline ABS “rec” boats should be paddled only in ponds, close to shore - not like this crazy guy. :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPXjZ6bPlDM

Those videos don’t show much for stress on a seat or. combing. Sure you can beat the hull with a hammer but that does not represent hull to combing seam or plastic seat.

Wow, this coaming issue gives me pause if true. Just found a new one hanging on a shop wall last week and it seemed pretty solid. Do you think it has anything to do with the raven being the only model with a mini day hatch forward of the coaming. I thought one of reasons the raven was their most expensive boat was it had even a more robust construction than their other boats. Any reports of those alaw bachs they made for rockpool falling apart?

I know of one AB that the seat broke on but that was a composite boat. Nothing to do with the mini hatch. I really don’t think most paddlers will break a Raven combing it’s just not as tough as a good composite boat with combing is bonded to hull. I mean for me to try and pull my combing out or separate from the hull the combing would be totally destroyed. I hate the seat in the Eddylines. We have a Journey I would never paddle because of the seat. Tried it once and it’s uncomfortable. Nothing to do with the model it’s the type of bond they use for the combing. Raven would probably get harder use than there other mostly rec boat line up.