GPS Garmin or others??

Looking for a GPS with no camera. Big screen. When I look they make a dizzying array of GPS. Better to buy with maps right of the bat or just where I paddle NE USA? Thanks for the advice. Like to use rechargable batteries.

Be certain to get one that allows you to ADD waypoints easily.
My Garmin e-trex is the model that requires waypoints to be added via computer… BUT… you have to download a special program to do that…AND… google refuses to support that program so I have to switch over to IE for that.

Waypoints are valuable as you may look at a map to find your take-out and want to waypoint that take-out before you get there.

Thanks

@RikJohnson said:
Waypoints are valuable as you may look at a map to find your take-out and want to waypoint that take-out before you get there.

Have you tried marking a waypoint at your house then renaming it and changing the coordinates of that waypoint?
I download the free maps I need to my etrex20 from gpsfiledepot.

Well I have an E-trex 20 and I really like it. Here is how you input a new waypoint without a computer. It doesn’t matter where you are you just mark a waypoint. Then you move up to the top of that waypoint’s page and change the number assigned to the name you want to name it. Next you move down to the coordinates and then input the new coordinates of the waypoint you want. Easy to do try it.

I really like my E-trex 20! Here is another feature I like! I have a Garmin on my sailboat with the marine coastal waters charts chip which I can take out and put in my E-trex 20 when at the coast kayaking.

I should add that it isn’t necessary to change the assigned number of a way point to change the coordinates. It is my practice to name waypoints that I intend to keep on my GPS, as then I can recognize them when reviewing my waypoint list. Just a bunch of numbers makes it hard to remember if say waypoint 121 is for kemp bridge or was it 122. So I name my waypoints.

Buy a garmin get FREE maps here http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/ as far as which garmin there are many. Best for seeing in day light I found is the big Montana I have the older 600 model Here is a picture of my old Dakota gps verse Montana 600 screen brightness pbase.com/dc9mm/image/158460544

Wow huge difference in reading them. Thanks