Great New Sea Kayaking Magazine!!!!!!!!!

then OPT OUT and stop “contributing” NM

Thumbs Up !!!
A friend gave me his mag knowing I have an Eddyline kayak. The Brits gave the Fathom two thumbs up. It was a great review. I will look for more and might subscribe. It is a great mag.

Thanks Ripple
Thanks for the review !!

Sea Kayaker Magazine

Matt: the older issues of Sea Kayaker Magazine are actually better than the new ones. I picked up, in more than one “lot” or collection, stacks of Sea Kayaker magazines on eBay. WOrks out on average to about two bucks per issue, and I have some from the first to recent, and they are doozies. I read them often, and there are so many articles that pertain to stuff that people stil post about on Pnet even today. The techniques never get outdated, as well as navigation, installation tips (eg a compass), and on and on. Try checking eBay for or Sea Kayaker issues, bought in bunches. They are exceptional.

Cd1

if they review my boat positively
I’ll subscribe too

Thanks for the advice

2nd attempt for the Brits

– Last Updated: Feb-22-08 10:56 AM EST –

They tried to put one out around 12 years ago. It lasted about 6 issues. America has the bucks and the advertisers know that. I hope they can pull it off. Sea kayaker makes a lot of money with the advertisers of calm water, rec boats and inland water destinations/outfitters and subscribers.

GK, what I love about you…
is I don’t look so bad!! Have a good one… Please don’t go away, it’s refreshing.

that’s because
you don’t have a real winter down there.

Maybe we could organize a
magazine tranport group for Ocean Paddler.

Let’s say that Joe has the August issue in New Jersey and Lou in California hasn’t read it yet. Maybe Bob is traveling from New York to Utah and could carry the issue that leg of the trip…

:wink:

jim

Let’s Chip In
Really, $90 for 12 issues? What’s say we all chip in a dollar and have someone read it every month and tell us what it says, lol:)

-Capri

i’ve just read them
an acquaintance gave me the last 6 copies to peruse. certainly beautiful to look at, great photos. some of the writing is stellar, some nothing special. some fun to read, but mostly a rehash of other materials i have assimilated over the years- that’s not a criticism, just an observation. i do appreciate a few of the personalities though, and the simple exotic factor of a different style of language and writing. different gear is always cool. mostly though it really makes me want to go and paddle Scotland!

Head north man!
Scotland is cool and all, but look where you live! Head north. Besides the food in Scotland SUCKS! They are all coming over here eh! Thinkaboutit…

Yeah, but Scottland’s got great food!
Just kidding.

You know that you’ll switch allegience
to another magazine within a year. You’re probably scoping out your options now.

Yeah, jbv…
BC has among the most beautiful coasts anywhere - and then up to Alaska… not too shabby in your own back yard :-).

hey i’m converted
i moved here a couple years ago, largely for the environment and paddling. as far as i’m concerned BC is the holy grail of, well, everything. part of my heritage is in Scotland, but never been. some romantic notion of the old country (and big tide races) captures my fancy… food? i thought they just drank in Scotland ;]

Tide races
Skook, Seymour, Yaculta, Dent, Nakwakto, Surge…

BC has that covered in world record proportions.

Scotland is my heritage as well. Took dads ashes home and dumped him in the Teviot River (where he caught his first big trout as a kid). Met distant family, drank too much tea, warm beer, some ice climbing on Nevis with a pal who came up from Germany…no paddling. Ironically few of the Scots knew anything about sea paddling and I found nowhere to rent…but didn’t try too hard.

Definitely go, it’s cool. I’m so glad I live where I do though.

I like B.C.
I live in WA and have gone to B.C. many, many times and think it is beautiful. I have only gone up as far as Whistler and look forward to seeing more of B.C. I really loved it when their dollar was weak.

I have to say, WA can give B.C. a run for it’s money when it comes to beauty, between Mt. Rainier, the Olympic Mountains, Mt. Baker which many B.C. hikers visit since it’s so close to the border, relatively speaking. I did the beautiful Joffre Lakes trail in B.C. We also have water everywhere w/the Puget Sound cutting through the state along w/the San Juan Islands. I could go on and on. Mt. Rainier is gorgeous when it’s pink, reflecting the sunset. All of our best site seeing here is about nature. The wildlife is fantastic too whether hiking or kayaking.

-Capri

My dream trip
I was recently asked where I could go if I could go anywhere in the world. My response was B.C. Everytime I see articles about the sea kayaking there, I just drool. Stunningly beautiful. Although Cape Breton wasn’t half bad either. :>)

As an east coast USer, there’s nothing here approaching either one of those places. I’m a Philly boy who spends a lot of time in NJ.