GREENLANDER PRO IN BIG WATER???

Oh Man!!!

– Last Updated: Jan-04-08 7:38 PM EST –

Sorry about that. I was totally dumbfounded when I got it in the mail!

Wow. I feel bad.

Please email me if you would. I can't find your email address.

PS. I plan to make a full post about my Nordkapp experience...it will be a positive one.

Matt

Thanks B1. No harm done.
I plan to make a full post about my Nordkapp experience…it will be a positive one. --I’ll be looking forward to your input about that.

Problem Solved…
Okay well my problem is solved…

As much as I like the Greenlander Pro (super fun boat) I have decided not to keep it. I just don’t care for the fit. I like a bit higher front deck. The Explorer fits me like a glove and I have no questions, doubts or concerns about its rough water performance. I had it out in some pretty good conditions this year and there is no question that it can handle anything you throw at it.

My Greenlander Pro had originally been for sale but I was obviously having second thoughts about selling it.

I have finally decided I am going to sell it (to one of the members who responded to the post…you can probably guess which one).

So…it’s somewhat of a moot point for me.

I have decided to go back to the Explorer and keep it as my single boat. It is not the most playful or exciting boat, but it is one hell of a solid all-around boat and it fits me better than any other boat I have paddled. To me that makes all the difference.

Matt

Kudos to Valley …
Amazing that they would replace the boat after what seems like something totally out of their control messed it up in the first place. Like I said in the ‘damage’ thread … the manufacturer is always the one who eats it. I wish I could see the boat or hear the stories of the other parties involved.

Who gets the new boat ?

I would think there is a huge potential for karma fines and taxation if all parties involved were not taken care of fairly.

Call it none of my business but once dirty laundry is put up on the web, we can all see it.

Absolutely Kudos…

– Last Updated: Jan-05-08 3:08 AM EST –

Yes, I would agree with you. I plan to make a post tipping my hat to Valley once all is said and done.

I get the new boat. Believe it or not Valley offered me a brand new one in my choice of color, bulkhead length and with a free keel strip as compensation for my trouble. Wow. I was pretty amazed. It is currently on order.

I did not ask for a replacement, etc, but rather just raised my same question to the dealer and to Peter at Valley. My original post was truly that...a question to determine if what was going on with the boat was normal.

Peter contacted the dealer to find out the boat's history and immediately offered me a replacement after doing so.

Turns out that there was another person out there from this forum in the same situation (exact same situation with a boat from another dealer). Peter is replacing his too. Same deal.

What happened? Not sure. In the other guy's case I know for a fact that the dealer was culpable (read between the lines). In my case I can't say that for a fact.

In the end I suspect that Valley is not the only one who is eating it on this.

Valley has come through in living up to its reputation for customer service and standing behind their product.

If you would like to know more then please feel free to email me.

Matt