I’m just starting to seriously consider the following trip:
- Start at Greenville, ME (southern end of Moosehead lake)
- Paddle the length of Moosehead to Northeast Carry
- Northeast Carry to W Branch of Penobscot
- Penobscot to Chesuncook Lake
- Up Umbazooksus Stream to Umbazooksus Lake
- Mud Pond carry (how bad is it really?) to Mud Pond
- Into Chamberlain Lake
- Traditional Allagash route to Allagash village
I think it would total about 165-175 miles. I’d probably want to allocate 3-4 weeks.
Any thoughts on the feasibility and/or problems with this route?