Hammocks Beach SP, NC

I’m going to rent a boat and camp at Hammocks Beach next weekend. Are there any places in the vicinity I should try to see? Are you more likely to see dolphins in any particular area? I did day paddles in the area a few years ago so I’m somewhat familiar with the area.

If your out stop by site 14 and say hi.

Thanks

SYOTW

Randy

Huggins Island
i’m very familiar with that area, paddle there frequently, you should paddle around Huggins Island,

you will see the trail markers as you start to paddle over to bear island, huggins will be the yellow ones, and bear will be the white ones, the park has all the information at the visitors center, if you’re staying any length of time, send me a email and i’ll tell you some other places down there, enjoy the area

Renting from BIK ?
I assume you are renting from Barrier Island Kayaks in Swansboro - They can tell you all you need to know - Great folks. If you found some other place to rent, stop by BIK.

Thanks Guys
I am using BIK, I’ve spoken to Lamar there some already. I rented from them last time too and had great service.

I’ll just have Sat/Sun there, I’ll have to drive down from Raleigh so that will eat into my time. But work is paying for the trip so I guess they deserve their share.

SYOTW

Randy