Happy winter solstice to all

Well I’m pretty happy that the days are getting longer again. Plus I got to paddle today which isn’t something to take for granted in late December in Michigan. All in all a good day.

7 Likes

Thank you back at you. I’m trying to get
out tomorrow. Winter duties are a wrap now.

I always bring evergreens into the house to make sure the sun comes back. In the West, the king of Christmas trees is a noble fir. Abies noblis.

Give me that old time religion. Christmas and the Winter Solstice have been intertwined for over 2,000 years.

1 Like

Happy final 21st day of the 21st year of the 21st century.

Glad you had the opportunity to paddle. Ice and snow up here. But at least the power is back on.

3 Likes

And this is a great day to celebrate.

1 Like

Days lengthening is good a good thing. Here’s to our common connection on the water y’all!

4 Likes

I liked it. I had to drive west across a 3.5 mile bridge and it was dark. Other parts of the year it is clear and bright just before sundown…very bright and eye damaging.

Yes, a good day to be out. We had 11 out on the Grand & Red Cedar in Lansing this afternoon for a Winter Solstice paddle.

3 Likes

To a common connection, castoff! Great connection.

1 Like

Happy Solstice, Christmas, Hanukkah, Diwali (quite belated), Soyal…heck, throw in Eid al-Fitr, though it’s the wrong time of year for that one, too…I actually hold dearly to one of these, personally, but, have no qualms celebrating any (or, preferably all) of them with friends!

Greetings from the Tropics of Maine!

Happy days ahead . . . Hope.