Has kayaking faded out of fashion?

OMG! YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS! I

@string said:
OMG! YOU CAN’T BE SERIOUS!

I Can’t function without my phone and my Facebook friends!

Celia you did say “any in Maine”
A different wording would have been helpful

kayakmedic, my wording was correct. I would continue my present precautions until I have a different experience.

The issue is that my own experience was generalized by a reader, and honestly I am not sure how that could have been fixed. Unless I added a sentence saying other meet ups may be different.

But that is not for me to say. It is for those who have experience with other meet ups. Which you weighed in on.

I wish kayaking would fade away. One step up from tubing imo.

@daggermat said:
I wish kayaking would fade away. One step up from tubing imo.

What size tube you got?

Just stay out of the way of my Ski Nautigue. Should be easy,; you can hear my stereo a mile away.

At least the tubers leave eddy beers.

@string said:
Just stay out of the way of my Ski Nautigue. Should be easy,; you can hear my stereo a mile away.

You know we are coming in the Serra Supreme by the sound of the engine drowning out the stereo. Considering getting an airboat so we can irritate everybody.

Celia it’s a good idea to bring the rescue gear even with an experienced group. This weekend we made it through the slop in the Atlantic but capsized in the calm marsh. I was waiting for stragglers and took a moment to stretch with the skirt off and paddle stowed under a bungee. No speed, high center of gravity, .no brace and skirt off…assisted rescue can happen any time.

Overstreet, I actually always carry the tools. I am anal that way. What changes with the group or conditions if solo is how good my boat is at being a rescue platform. One I go to Maine with is a lot friendlier than the other.