Have any clubs ran their own swap meet?

Someone in our club suggested a swap meet it sounds like a great idea to me. Most likely we will not use it to raise money for the club so no fees.

I thought I’d ask here to see if others had done it and get any ideas, pitfalls etc.

Thanks

Randy

sounds cool
I’d go if you weren’t so far away…

JB

We do …
once a year in conjunction with our January monthly meeting. A mix of hiking, camping, skiing, snowshoeing and paddling gear. Ten percent of sales goes to the club on the honor system. I’ve picked up a few nice things over the years and sold some gear as well.

One of the Michigan paddling clubs

– Last Updated: Mar-04-12 5:36 PM EST –

has one each year, but I believe it's already happened for this year.
A 'ladies only' group I participate in does this internally, via e-mail, and at some of our meet-ups.

Cincypaddlers
We run an indoor one in January and outdoor in May. The indoor one this year drew over 300 people (we have 2100 in the group).

We do one
It’s a club meeting / swap meet / catfish fry all in one each fall when there isn’t much but lake paddling around here.

Ours is just club members swapping gear mostly – often the new guys aquire some windter gear and a few boats change owners. The club doesn’t get any procededs, but it is well attended and an enjoyable evening.

Thanks All !
A potluck does sound like a good idea but then we’re always ready for food.

SYOTR

Randy