Have you owned/seen this boat???? Karma

Http://thekarmaboat.blogspot.com

i am the latest recipient of this boat…and i would love to trace its history…

have you seen it in the past? owned it? paddled it?

help me build its pedigree!!!

jsut so you know it is a old Wilderness Systems Squirt boat/river runner called the Rave…

Thanks for your help

r

I may be wrong
but i dont recall wilderness system being involved in making squirt boats - maybe you are thinking of new wave.

but whatever - squirt boats make for interesting water travel… going for some down time???

ol’ school
We started selling WS squirt boats in '87. they started making them in '86. this model, the Rave, was designed by John Abbenhouse (NW Kayaks), licenced to build by WS. Andy and John were unique in the way the boat was ‘cut’ or sized and a Northwest boat was different than a WS boat. Not better, just different. I owned 2, one of each. the NW boat was a ‘full’ cut and was a great ocean surfer. It has little color splotches of every color John had! The WS was a 3/4" cut and was an OK squirt boat. It was purple and green. The ‘Karma’ boat looks like a bunch of WS boats we recieved but NOT one in particular.

good luck on your search!

steve

this boat has not been changed at all
i need to reattach the cockpit combing-probably on sunday…

i have heard that it surfs phenomenally!!!

Andy Z says that he does not remember everyboat that hey made…and also that when this boat was made it was before the time when kayak makers knew that they had to put a serial # on each boat…so this boat is still in info limbo…

i am trying to back track it through the 2 owners ago…

see what happens…

got a skirt for it…cannot wait to try it…even tho the water is geting chill here in RI…

rob