Have you seen my old boat?

This is a shot in the dark, but it’s definitely worth the effort.

Once upon a time, I bought the prototype Paradigm sea kayak from Scott Williams. It was a mint green affair with red trim and looked quite Christmasy, but was one of the best paddling boats I’ve ever been in.

That was in 1999.

Fast forward to 2003 when I sold it to a guy near Marquette, Michigan, on Lake Superior. I haven’t seen it since, but would very, very much like to find it and buy it back.

Have you ever seen the exact boat that’s in the pictures at the link below? If you have, please let me know. Thats the prototype that I used to own. And, if you own it, we need to talk!

http://www.capital.net/com/nckayak/williams_performance_kayak.htm

There’s also an orange-on-orange sister boat with black trim that Scott built before selling the design to Azul. I’d be interested in speaking with the owner of that one, too, if I can’t track down the prototype.

Good luck with that
The history of Riot Kayaks post Corran Addison is a strange and tangled history. The designs called Azul while Addison was with the company may or may not be the same as the designs available now under several brand names, many available in Australia.

Is my recall correct?
I could swear that I’ve been told the Foster Silhouette lives in much the same family as the old Paradigm, if that could be an alternative. Or maybe that memory is as good as the one for where I left my keys yesterday…

Azul Sultan
Azul Sultan is the closest to the Paradigm boat. George Ruta (NCKayak) has or had a Paradigm, a Sultan, and a Silhouette.

Looking for the prototype
Thank you for the replies, everyone.

I know that the Azul Sultan was based on Scott’s original Paradigm and that the Paradigm has very similar lines to the Silhouette and Legend. I’ve paddled all of those boats and enjoyed each one.

I’m mostly after that, specific boat - the prototype - for sentimental reasons. Well, that and the fact that it was built like a tank compared to any production boat out there.

It’s unlikely, but I would love to be reunited with the proto and put a few thousand more miles under her hull.

Williams paradigm kayak
Did you ever find a Williams Paradigm kayak?.

I am selling my Williams Paradigm kayak if still interested

Bill