HEAT FACTOR

Cruising, my legs stay cooler.
The deck keeps the sun off my legs, a good thing.

Lake Havasu was 140 on the water.
Last year, in August, I took my daughter paddling around Lake Havasu prior to her going overseas with the Peace Corps. Bill Williams to be exact. Temp registered 140 on the water.

We paddled in and as we paddlesd our Scrambler SoT, I noticed that hers was getting lower and lower. After a mile, I decided that she had sprung a leak and made her turn around while she still had some freeboard (went from 8" to 2").

On the way out it was so hot the fish were jumping onto her boat to cool off. Scared the **** out of her to have 14" fish leaping out of the water all around her. I wanted to catch them and show off to the fishermen but we were in a nature preserve so…

When we beached, I pulled the drain plug and … no water! What had happened was that the water and air were so hot, it melted and softened her SoT and she was just deforming it by weight alone (she weighs 180# solid muscle at 5’ 11" and a sports star).

Comp boats
I live at Havasu and that is why I dont have plastic boats. Right now the temp in the back yard shade is 110. You get off the water or under it no later than noon.

Yes
That’s why I spend more and more time in my canoes. Rarely use the kayaks anymore. Hot and Humid days in North Carolina, I can’t stand to be inside the kayak.