HEAT FACTOR

Anyone ever had a problem with you lower body getting to hot when paddling a SINK in hot weather???

please respond would be very helpful<br />

thanks abunch

No

no

Nope. Me neither.

Nope, me neither
Cheers,

JackL

Nada

Nope
And I paddle both SINK’s and SOT’s.

Yes
the rest are lyin’

Get a Half Skirt…

well then
ok well i prolbably wouldnt even have one at all but i dont know about that yet.

Water
You can always add a little water to sit in.

only with a full skirt
if i use no skirt of a half skirt it won’t get hotter then the rest of you

a SINK ???
porcelin coated cast iron or stainless steel?

Haven’t figured out if I’m gonna live long enough to learn all of the lingo. My next project might just be "A terms/slang Canoe/Kayak Dictionary

Not just my lower body
I get hot all over (it can be over 100 here) at times, but not just my lower body. I am usually hotter on top.

Nope and I use a full Neo deck
all summer long. It has been in the 100s with a heat index over 110.

I guess it gets hot but not so much that I notice, everything else feels hot at those temps anyway.

Some advice I got in my military days ‘Suck it up and drink water’.

Watch out for greenhouse effect
I personally have no trouble - I paddle opaque boats in glass or wood/glass composite. My buddy, however, has a plastic Perception Captiva in light gray. He was sweating his _ss off one day on Owasco Lake, when I was nice and cool. We found his boat was letting the sun’s heat right in - instant greenhouse!

Alan

Yes, but…
It does get warm inside my cockpit, but it’s better than sunburn. Even though I live in hot, muggy Miami, I still use a full neoprene skirt; I like to roll often. It does get warm, but not unbearable. If I didn’t roll, I’d probably use a half skirt for better ventilation while keeping the sun off my legs.

Pedro Almeida

Definition
Sit IN Kayak as opposed to he “new” Sit On Floor term.

That’ll work
Thanks

it’s hot when it’s hot
you mean the poached leg syndrome with sweat pouring out of your legs and steaming in it’s own juices?

And if there wasn’t a skirt sweat would be pouring out while basting oneself with bay water.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. More important to have a good hat.

Not just the lower half

– Last Updated: Aug-27-07 9:26 PM EST –

but all over. In fact, I get nauseous when I paddle in extreme heat if I don't take a swim or do something to cool off. A couple of times this summer, I've launched my kayak then turned around and gone home after about 20 minutes. I'm looking forward to slightly cooler temps.