Help a fellow boater get a degree - Risk

Hello, my name is Lisa Ivester and I am currently a master’s student at the University of Tennessee conducting thesis research.

I am reaching out to you as a member of the whitewater community and would like to invite you to participate in a research regarding the perceptions of risk and sensation seeking involved in whitewater kayaking.

The survey will take approximately 10 minutes. This research requires your informed consent, which you will read before the survey begins. You are free to end the survey at any time by simply closing your web browser.

Link to survey: https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_7O6bCpAIW3Sc1dH

If you have any questions at any time about the study or procedures or you experience adverse effects as a result of participating in the study, you may contact the researcher, Lisa Ivester, at 2111 Volunteer Blvd, Knoxville, TN 37996 and/or (865)-974-4214. If you have questions about you rights as a participant, please contact the Office of Research Compliance Officer at (865)-974-7697.

I believe that a better understanding of risk perception will provide adventure educators and kayak instructors with an improved framework to teach kayaking. Understanding motivations and risks of user groups may also aid in policy making and public land planning as well as assist in the public knowledge of the sport of whitewater kayaking. Thank you for your time and willingness to assist me in this research.

Sincerely,

Lisa Ivester