Help choosing a spray skirt

I need a better spray skirt. I am looking at the seals shocker and the seals extreme tour. The tour fits me and the boat fine but has a thin neoprene waist band attached to a nylon tunnel. The shocker is all neoprene, but I will have to special order a large enough size for my waist.

I am concerned that the tour will be less watertight than the all neoprene shocker, but I can have the tour today to use tomorrow.

Does anyone know how much difference there is in the torso seal of these two skirts?

I would go for the Shocker
Of the two I would get the Shocker. I don’t have personal experience with either, but it looks like the suspenders would be required on the Tour to make it close to as waterproof as the Shocker. And suspenders won’t work with any kind of double-tunneled dry top or suit. Also, the Tour has an adjustable waistband which I’ve found never works as well as a form fitting neoprene tunnel.

In the long run, I think you’ll be happier if you wait for the Shocker.

Shocker
I have a Pro Shocker which is my favorite spray skirt to use with all of my sea kayaks.

Shocker
I have a Pro Shocker which is my favorite spray skirt to use with all of my sea kayaks.

I’ll third the Pro Shocker

I have…
…the Extreme tour and water tends to form a moat around my waist where the nylon and neo meet. Then it starts leaking in. It really gets annoying after a while.

Extreme Tour
The Pro Shocker is a whitewater skirt and the Extreme Tour is a touring skirt (http://www.kayakreview.org/go/SealsSpraySkirts/ ). I use an Extreme Tour for all of my sea kayaking and I don’t have any leakage problems (no pooling if you pull the tunnel up high enough). The Extreme Tour’s tunnel won’t be as waterproof as the Pro Shocker’s but I wouldn’t want to wear the Pro Shocker for touring.