I am hoping to go paddling on the weekend in my new Gore-tex Meridian that is currently in the mail. Since I never used drysuits before I’d appreciate if someone would review the specific conditions and clothing options. I do understand the layering basics just dont know how much is to much and how little is too little.
Water and air temps are both going to be around 50 F.
Hereis what i have available
- A couple of polyester long sleeved sports shirts. One of them is Under Armor.
- A few fleece tops ranging from thin to thick. All 100% polyester.
- A sweater that’s 50% merino wool and 50% acrylic. It’s reasonably thin but i know that its very warm.
- Under Armor polyester underware type pants.
- A pair of thermal underpants. 25% merino wool, 25% cotton and 50% polyester. Not sure if that amount of cotton disqualifies them. Perhaps as a second layer? They are warm though.
- Merino wool socks.
- Thin polyester workout pants.
- Polyester hiking socks.
- Polyester sports type underware.
So, given this pile of stuff, what would be a decent starting point? I’d rather make do with what I have for now since with the suit purchase my toy budget well into red I could probably pick up a pair of thicker polyester pants from walmart but thats it.
Thanks, much appreciated.