Help Identifying Old Mad River Royalex

Picked this up over the weekend. Royalex 16’ with royalex decks. several cold cracks to repair and new whales, yolk/center thwart, but otherwise pretty good. It is old enough the HIN was writthen in sharpie, and completely faded…barely even a ghost…cant read it and am looking to identify. Hand written “1881” in the bow, but think thats probably the material lot #. Thought it was an explorer at first…but it has a second thwart? Center thwart/yolk is missing, but holes are there. Length is pretty much exactly 16’, beam @ shear is

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5QGsk-tgnydOGk3dFdLMl9oR2c

looks like an explorer to me, but I’m no expert

The MRC rabbit logo in your photos has lettering at its bottom. Does that read ‘Waitsfield, Vermont’? If so, look at the stern ends, just below the outwale for an HIN etched into the Royalex material.

Definitely an Explorer or a Freedom, which was an Explorer with seats closer to center and they made it with a little more rocker than the Explorer. Don’t confuse these with the plethora of later boats Confluence named using the words “Explorer” and “Freedom.” Here’s a pic of my old Explorer (sand colored boat) and some old friends with a their Freedom (teal colored boat) so you can see the “Lines,”

d boat) and some old friends with a their Freedom (teal colored boat) so you can see the “Lines,”

Looks like an Explorer to me. I have owned a couple and sold several back in the day. The thwart may have been added or may be the original center thwart moved back to accommodate a passenger.