Help me choose the right kayak

I have been looking for a kayak for my daughter from sometime now but she is new to kayaking and in love with the sit-on-top kayaks. We have searched around a lot on sites and finally selected two kayaks for her. One Perception R15 Pescador 12 sit-on-top kayak and other Ocean kayak frenzy. Price is not a huge concern. Hard to choose between one. Any recommendation will be helpful.

Neither kayaks are rare so if at all possible either test them on the water or at least sit in them. Since we don’t know her age or size having a kayak she can carry is a big plus (unless you live on the water).

Yes, size and age of your daughter would be helpful.

If she is small, a smaller kayak would be helpful. Not so much shorter length, but narrower width. Of these 2, the Pescador is 3" narrower, so would be the preferable one.

If she is very small/young, a kid-specific kayak may be better. Or have her paddle in a tandem with you.

Check out the the OK Venus – SOT specifically for women and smaller paddlers.

https://www.backcountry.com/ocean-kayak-venus-10-kayak-womens

sing

@DrowningDave said:
Neither kayaks are rare so if at all possible either test them on the water or at least sit in them. Since we don’t know her age or size having a kayak she can carry is a big plus (unless you live on the water).

She is 18 and 5’5.

Check out the RTM DISCO. A great SOT for someone her size that doesn’t weigh a ton.

From your link…"_We’ve previously stressed on how stable of a kayak the Frenzy is. So it’s unfortunate that that is also the reason for its biggest drawback – its speed in calmer water. Due to its wide dimensions it requires extra effort to paddle and is thus not suitable for drawn out sessions in water…"
_
If she is non-athelitic and y’all drift when you paddle this might work. But if she’s coordinated, the least bit aggressive and paddles with others she will be disappointed with a kayak with these reviews.

From your write up question, " she is new to kayaking and in love with the sit-on-top kayaks." "We have searched around a lot on sites " Who is “we”? Whether 18 or 58 my experience is to let them choose. What SOTs is she in love with? Is that from experience or pictures on line.

@Overstreet said:
From your link…"_We’ve previously stressed on how stable of a kayak the Frenzy is. So it’s unfortunate that that is also the reason for its biggest drawback – its speed in calmer water. Due to its wide dimensions it requires extra effort to paddle and is thus not suitable for drawn out sessions in water…"
_
If she is non-athelitic and y’all drift when you paddle this might work. But if she’s coordinated, the least bit aggressive and paddles with others she will be disappointed with a kayak with these reviews.

From your write up question, " she is new to kayaking and in love with the sit-on-top kayaks." "We have searched around a lot on sites " Who is “we”? Whether 18 or 58 my experience is to let them choose. What SOTs is she in love with? Is that from experience or pictures on line.

Me and her. She has tried pescador once and had a good experience,