Help me choosing my first SoT Kayak

Hi everyone. I am from Italy and I’ve fallen in love with kayaking. I usually go in a river near home, where I can rent some kayak but I’d like to buy a personal one.
I’ve been using a RTM Tempo and a DAG Mid-Way in the last year, between those two I highly prefer the DAG, as it’s more narrow/lighter and it seems to be a little faster, even though it’s not as stable as the Tempo. I’d love to have something a little more “performant”, aka faster… but at my budget (600-700€ / around $1000) I don’t think it’s possible. Anyway, I want it to be sit-on-top and not longer than 14’ (450-460cm); I’ve seen two models: the Venture Islay 14 SOT and the RTM Rytmo STD, but still, they don’t seems much better than the DAG Mid-Way, am I wrong? Should I give up or should I look at something else?

Thanks you all!

Your weight and height?
I paddled this am with a friend in her RTM Disco. She can’t weigh over 130 lbs and can really make itove.
I would have one if it came in 16’ length.

@string said:
Your weight and height?
I paddled this am with a friend in her RTM Disco. She can’t weigh over 130 lbs and can really make itove.

I am 5’11 - 170lbs

Benvenuto nello sport del kayak. Anche se non posso commentare i kayak della tua lista, so che ci sono molti disponibili che si adattano al tuo telaio. Cerca di vedere se ci sono rivenditori nella tua zona che hanno giorni di prova, in questo modo puoi provare diversi modelli. Ci sono anche surfkis come Epic V5 e V7 che ti farebbero bene. Anche un principiante K1 potrebbe funzionare. Fai la tua ricerca prima di acquistare. Cerca i kayak usati in questo modo puoi pagare di meno e passare a barche migliori in futuro. Buona fortuna per la tua ricerca.

Nope. Just figured I’d make him feel at home. :smiley:

@DrowningDave said:
Nope. Just figured I’d make him feel at home. :smiley:

Nice touch! When I looked more carefully and saw it was Italian, took my comment down.

@Cente said:

@string said:
Your weight and height?

I am 5’11 - 170lbs

You may be too big for the Disco. Worth a look.