Help! (name that baby)

I like baseball and paddling so
how about Willie Mays Aquaman Bohemia?

I was able to take both of my children home from the hospital without names (I tried Willie Mays for my son but my wife was inflexible). The only problem is that when you finally name them, you have to go back to the hospital and fill out more forms for the birth certificate.

He’s getting the afterbirth
ts a replacement for that gray thing in his bow.

A few

– Last Updated: Sep-01-06 10:26 AM EST –

Quintin or Quin as in Quin the Eskimo or Q for qaqaq
Dag, short for Dagger. Maybe go for some lesser known names like
Nelo, Thunderbolt,or even Opie
(Ocean Kayak, Prijon, Impex, Eddyline)
Congratulations.

Congratulations!
How about Storm? Morgan (Celtic: sea dweller)? Muir (Gaelic:sea)? Joki (Finnish; pronounced YOA key;river)? Nick (derived from Nix, Teutonic, water god)? Dylan (Welsh - sea god)? Shoney (Scottish sea god)? Dorian (Greek: from the sea)?

Adrian(Latin: seacoast)? Hadrian(also Lat. seacoast)? Ennis (Celtic: Island)? Innis (Cel. from the river island; also spelled Inness)? Kyle (Cel. from the strait)? Morrough (Cel.: sea warrior)? Renan/Ronan (Cel. little sea)? Somerled (Scots,: Viking)?

Good Luck and let us know!

first name, middle name
I kinda like Nigel Onno.

You can nickname him “Scupper”

Congrats to you all!

Chatham Nigel M____
Yeah babay yeah!

Nigel? Nah, I do believe all…
…the XTC’s been squeezed outta that:

“We’re only making plans for Nigel

We only want what’s best for him

We’re only making plans for Nigel

Nigel just needs this helping hand

And if young Nigel says he’s happy

He must be happy

He must be happy in his work”

Better go Greenland.

Or, how ‘bout Nansen? Or, Shackleton? Or, Tim?

Actually, I’m afraid myself and those of my ilk, sometimes referred to as Duckheads, are not likely to be much help in your search for a useful moniker swiped from the forward hulls and decks of canoe or kayak. You see, amongst this here particular flock, that said forward post has on several occasions gone somewhat rearward, in thinking, that is, with the selections in title bestowed to the labeled vessel. Titles such as, “Damn Piece Of Crap,” “Slow Boat To Nowhere,” “Das Uberbot,” “The Tickled Pickle,” and, dare I even write it (yes, I’ll write it - stinker, ain’t I?), “Pungo!”

Where that last one came from, lord knows! Some suspect it may have blown in upon the heightened bluster of a Seawind, though a certain Professor Spears says a possible origin is the from the Latin pungo, meaning “to prick.”

Now, as for myself, it was not so much the dilemna faced you in naming a child - and congratulations, by the way - for I stuck with a more “pedestrian” route when naming my 2 young daughters with the likes of, “Lauren” and “Nicole.”

And, when the time came to name a faithful but somewhat aloof and distracted canine acquaintance, “Bob” just seemed to be the correct “what about” for the fella.

Now, the boat naming business! There’s the rub! Since you’ve chosen the reverse tack, naming child from already named boat, you have set a course far easier, though on occasion to be somewhat detoured by anomalistic weather of windy-jokers like myself. But, as for myself, grabbin’ an acceptable name out of the thin air occupying my cranium has forever caused me to pant and weeze with an oxygen-deprived indecision.

I think I was close, just once, to naming a recalcitrant tramp-steamer of a large canoe, one that was forver goin’ prodigal on me from the gently (so I thought) wave-lapped shores I’d left her upon, or bolting away from me in reverse when she slipped-the-knot (or “Not” as McCrea termed) at the end of my failed attempt in lining her over a dam chute. Yes, inspiration came to me, in considering those circumstances, through the music of Paul Simon and the lovely voice of Art Garfunkel, and, like those gents, I too was ready to croon platitudes (well, yell, really, in expletive-form) for, “Emily, Wherever I May Find Her.”

Well, again, congratulations, and here’s hopin’ for you less consternations in your nomenclatural inspirations,

TW

They won’t let
you take him home until you name him? Isn’t that kidnaping? You might want to mention that. No law says when you have to name a kid

Congrats
How about Jason - as in Jason and the ARGONAUT?

hmmnn … ‘Skeg’ sounds manly…or would you prefer ‘Rud?’

Oooh… Adrian is good.

– Last Updated: Sep-01-06 12:02 PM EST –

Kinda like Ennis, also.

Just don’t call him Anas :wink:

Awww… Thats Acuta Name

Calvin Hobbes Bohemia
Dogmaticus

Go with a Hawaiian name!

Kai-Means “The Sea”

Kai is my sons middle name.

Well done, enjoy life with him.

Schoolyards

Mama Don’t Like “Nigel”

– Last Updated: Sep-01-06 12:56 PM EST –

How about Adrian Chatham?

(Seacoast + Dad's kayak... sea kayak)

With all them syllables you need a last name like Smith or Jones.

Adrian Chatham Jones

Adrian Chatham Smith

He don't have to have your last name does he?

If your last name is something like Krzyzewsky (and you insist on him having it) his first name should be something like "Mike" or "Coach".

Wow. Three no’s for Derek.
Werner is a good strong name. Why not name the little guy whatever will make your wife happy. Then you just call him whatever you want and eventually everyone will use that for his name.

Perhaps a re-direct from…
…the names that float to some of the finely sculpted monikers put on display on programs and scorecards and uniforms over the years might provide you with selection to punch your toddler’s ticket out of maternity ward/nusery incarceration.

How 'bout from college and pro basketball?

• World B. Free
  • Exree Hipp (I’m told that first name isn’t due to any of Wilhelm Roentgen’s particulate playtime bouncin’, but from a Cherokee non-dribbled origin)
  • Bimbo Coles
  • Baskerville Holmes ( a sure lock, if ever!)

And howzabout some of those baseball greats?

• Drungo Hazewood
  • Early Wynn
  • Pinky May
  • Ferris Fain, and of course (thanks Mr. Frishberg),
  • Van Lingle Mungo

Well, you stew on it. Some of those might give the new mom a tad bit of the post-partem gas. But, think how easy it will be to bust out of that, “we’ll release no baby from confine till it’s name is etched in time” hospital, especially when you’re pushin’ momma in wheelchair at breakneck speed down that hallway to the entrance, with one of Tsunamichuck’s un-amused nursing Sister’s of No Mercy in hot pursuit, if held out before ya to bust orderly tackles ya’ve got yourself a young Bronco Nagursky Acuta!

TW

Once met a kid named Au Sable
for the Dad’s favorite river. My friends christened my Arctic Tern “Salma Kayak”–but that’s a girl’s name.

Has anyone suggested Rob Roy?

Nordkapp is macho sounding…

Penobscot
Make him sound like a good indian.