HELP WITH RIVER ROUTE IN NE ORGON

HELLO BOY SCOUT TROOP NEED HELP PLANNING RIVER TRIP IN NORTH EASTERN ORGON IF YOU NO OF ANY GOOD TRIP ABOUT 5 DAY 100 MILES PLEASE LET US KNOW

THANKS

MIKE TONER

1-360-201-1952

OLD-MAN@COMCAST.NET

HEY!!!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BUY A MONKEY ?

All I could suggest is the John Day
which is really more in central Oregon, or the Grande Ronde. The Owyhee has too short a season and is not for scouts.

book
Paddle Routes of the Inland Northwest. Try Powells.com or amazon

That book
actually only lists one rive - the Grande Ronde - in it’s Oregon chapter. And it’s overall rating for the section it describes is class 2. IIRC - the book mentions other sections of the river with higher rating, but none with lower.

I’d like to see some answers for this too, since I live in SW Idaho. I know of a few decent day trips in E Oregon that are suitable for beginners, but I am completely ignorant of any such multi-day river-runs.

Did you ever look at the “Guide
to Idaho Paddling”, flatwater and easy whitewater trips by Katherine Daly and Ron Watters?

I can’t find anything in my books to fit what you want in northeastern Oregon. I think the ideal trip for a group of Scouts would be the Missouri up in Montana. You can camp on the sites that Lewis and Clark camped. Many schools take the kids on that trip because it’s so historic and an easy float.

I can offer suggestions for Central Oregon if you like; lake camping but the kids would love it.

yaknot
I think the Mo in Montana looks like a great trip, and plan to do it someday. Oregon is closer for me though - and although I’m not the OP in this thread, I don’t think it would be too off-topic for me to ask that you please post your central Oregon suggestions. :slight_smile: