Here's a product I'll use a lot

I just saw this on Shark Tank. 90% of the time I take a sub sandwich with me for lunch when I go out paddling for the day. I keep the sub in my day hatch. It works out OK, but for the price, I’m going to get one of these “Subsafe” products. It protects your sub from getting smushed, keeps any inadvertent water out, and any sub juice from leaking out into my day hatch. The entrepreneurs are a couple that seemed like really nice folks. The guy had to sell his boat to keep the company afloat. Charles Barkley and Mark Cuban were impressed and invested in it. Anyway, I hope they succeed. I have no affiliation whatsoever with the product but thought I’d give them a little free publicity here

1 Like

A funny story: I had a couple slices of pizza left over so wrapped them in foil and slid them into a sealed plastic bag which I tucked under my deck bungee cords. By the time I stopped for lunch, they were warm thanks to solar heating.

For cold stuff I use a Packit freezable lunch bag and stash it in my day hatch.

I know a guy that warms up lunch in Tupperware on the deck under a bungee on his long paddles.

I’ve warmed up roast beef subs, wrapped in aluminum foil, on top of my engine. Seriously. Click and Clack, the Tappet Brothers, put out a cookbook called “Manifold Destiny” which gives recipes for cooking on engines.

2 Likes

Loved that show.

I’ve heard of Jeep enthusiasts making foil dinners on their engines. Meat, potatoes, veggies, and seasoning in a foil packet, placed on the engine in the morning, makes for a hot delicous meal later in the day.

Of course, I’ve also heard of meals gone awry when the foil packet fell into the radiator fan and coated the engine compartment…

I’ve never seen a Jeep on a kayak.

Jeep enthusiasts eat veggies?