Here's my nomination for a Corona Virus anthem

Nice…
I bought a new Tiger 650 in Norcal in early 70s. It made my heart race just thinking about a ride.
I sold it when I moved to L.A. convinced I was going to die on their roads.

I don’t consider this political. Can you enlighten me?
Just curious

(post deleted)

How is the song, “You Ain’t Goin Nowhere” political? It was a humor on my part, in no way meant to be political. Just trying to make light of a bad situation, nothing about Trump or politics. Dylan wrote this after breaking his back in a motorcycle, was in traction and not going anywhere, just like all of us during the sequester. Nothing about politics. Why are you so angry?

Payageur: Was not directed at you at all and I am completely in agreement with you about Dylan’s ditty (have been a fan since I bought his first vinyl album in ‘65 when I was 15.). My “attitude” was predictive of anticipated blowback from some individuals who clutch their pearls at any suggestion of political criticism or boosterism on the forums.

In “normal” times I might agree with that but everything relating to our happy pursuit of carefree paddling is being directly affected by circumstances arising from politics lately including dismantling of clean water protections and the public health negligence that now means international borders are closed to us and even some state borders are becoming restricted. Not to mention the tens of thousands of needless deaths and illness and the economic devastation from Federal corruption and neglect.

Instead of spending this year traveling with my folding kayaks and fulfilling bucket list goals before I am too feeble to chase them, I am stuck at home trying to support family members and my rental tenants who have lost their livelihoods. So, yes, I am angry about the political predicament that lead to the present disaster.

Just because a post appears after one’s own does not mean it is expressly personal. If I am addressing another forum member I predicate the message with their name. Sorry if my intent was misconstrued.

I deleted it anyway. I don’t have the energy left to confront the indignations of purists. And I regret accidentally offending you.

Excellent

Maybe this?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjM7vqayqzqAhWXt54KHZD7CRgQ3ywwAHoECBMQBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DZ0GFRcFm-aY&usg=AOvVaw0fyndyoCXDxBbVfjQ-1MbG

or maybe

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjygvSxyqzqAhXBpZ4KHTNgDzMQ3ywwAHoECBUQBg&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DlvcaxumeiKc&usg=AOvVaw0gIR5snwcNy-M-Y9ifHE_w

Fair enough. I could never see the politics in my bit of humor. I ran across this song at a time when the merits of a sequester were being debated and it struck me a being so ironic and funny. If I’m reading you correctly, some people tried to make it political when it surely was not and I agree with you wholeheartedly. Thanks for taking time to clear this up for me. No offence taken.

Keep the Open Side Up,
Pag

LMAO, that’s a good one.
Pag

Many years ago I fell asleep reading. I woke up with a movie playing in the wee hours of the morning. It was Brassed Off, a film about a bunch of Yorkshire coal miners who formed a brass band to try to bring a bit of beauty into otherwise grim life of coal mining. I have to admit I’m not a follower of brass bands and I won’t review the movie, but what struck me was the absolutely outstanding arrangement and quality of the sound track. Today I happened upon this bit of music from it in a much more recent performance.

And it brought this thread back to mind. The themes of the movie and this performance in particular (in the movie to honor their band leader struck down with black lung) seem to really “strike a chord” in this time of Covid-19; an anthem for the times of corona virus preformed with social distancing.

If you liked that, here’s another clip from the movie that also features the band. Enter a lost member of “management”…

Stay well, all.

1 Like

That guy is GOOD! Gets my vote for the COVID-19 anthem.

I like *Ship of Fools, *too. Here’s another candidate for our time, which a certain radio station played the day Reagan won the Presidential election:

Lyrics are spot on here:

2 Likes