Hi , I'm looking for a tractor seat ....

… I think they are also called 'bucket seat" .

I’ve seen pictures of Wenonah canoes with sliding bucket seats , and the actual seat only (the pan part) is what I am seeking .

I guess they are fiberglass , but whatever they are made of is fine , as long as it is light .

Does anyone know of a used supply store that would have one . I also emailed Wenonah just to see if that was an opt .

I guess I could form one from glass cloth and resins but don’t really want to go to all that trouble …

thanks in advance …

call a John Deere outlet
they got em.

Try Superior Canoes if a Sawyer type
tractor seat will work for you. I think he has some spares he might sell to you.

Couldn’t locate Superior …
… tried to search for them but only found a place called Superior North , an outfitter ??

Yes , any bucket (tractor) seat that looks like what Wenonah uses would be fine , just something light , thin and not bulky .

How can I contact Superior Canoe ?? Web. search , link ??

I also tried to search about the John Deere thing just in case it was a legit response , same thing , no luck , but found plenty of combines and harvesters etc. . …

Here ya go.
http://www.superiorcanoes.com/

Jim

Thanks jsaults and others …

– Last Updated: Aug-08-08 3:37 PM EST –

......... I just sent an email off to Superior Canoes from the link , asking about aquiring one of their seats .

When I find one , it's going to be my removable stern deck perch believe it or not !!

thanks for the link Jim , and anyone who wants to laugh at me , go ahead , I'm already laughing at myself (but I am serious about the perch) , lol ...

thanks again guys …
… I just talked with Scott at Superior Canoes , what a great guy !!

He’s pretty sure he has one he can get to me , even a used one in fiberglass he thinks he might have …

thanks

wenonah
The Wenonah bucket is an available part that they always have in stock. They switched to plastic because it was lighter and quicker to build than their composite seats. I would have to guess that the Wenonah plastic bucket is still lighter than anything Superior Canoe is making.

You could also get the smaller Wenonah racing bucket seat in Kevlar or Carbon. Those will run you about $45 for just the seat pan alone.

thanks nermal …
… I have an email into Wenonah also and am waiting for a response . Looks like one way or the other , I am going to have that bucket seat to go with now …

thanks again

one other source
It looks like you have one on the way, but if anyone else is considering the same thing, an additional source is Zaveral (the paddle folks). They offer two different carbon fiber seats. www.zre.com

thanks c2g , they look real nice also …
… those ZRE paddles must feel like air in the hands , wow 7 oz. canoe paddle !!!

I haven’t heard back from Scott yet at Superior , but he said he neede a couple days to go and search his inventory , so I’m waiting for him right now …

thanks again …

Hey, I gotcher real tractor seats.
Just the thing to lower your center of gravity.

http://www.castironseatclub.org/index_files/Page320.htm

Those are pretty cool to look at …

– Last Updated: Aug-11-08 12:17 AM EST –

....... imagine , they were probably common place once upon a time .

I wouldn't mind setting in one of those , just to much weight for canoing , huh ??

If I saw one dirt cheap at a flea market or something , I would grab up on it and set it around the house just to look at though , but that's not likely to happen !!!

thanks g2d , pretty cool link !!

I once helped build a new museum in Balt., that was designed to accept an old Cast Iron front that was removed from another building in Balt. before they tore the old building down . All the pieces that made up the C.I. front were sent to Pa. to be refurbished before re-assembly onto the new building .
The buildings' front was Cast Iron from top to bottom with new glass in it .
They say that Balt. was one of the major cast iron foundrys and in it's peak during the mid 1800's , which was the time of the building that the C.A. front was salvaged from ..

(just logged in)…I have one…
Pilotswingz,

Let me know what your status is…I have the standard plastic Wenonah seat…many more out there…

I’d just hit you up for ~$30…I can do shipping(within US)…let me know…

SteveD

SteveD , thanks for the offer , but …
… I have an agreement with Scott at Superior Canoe at the moment , just waiting for Scott to consolidate it ?? …

sent you an email also …