high stability vs low stability

stability
I was trying to understand why when I go out in rough for me conditions. Say 15 to 25 mph winds on a lake with 1ft. to 2ft waves I spend all my energy trying to stay up right on the sirocco while on the avatar I can spend time paddling. I even have an easier time paddling my carolina in these conditions. I know these conditions seem mild to some but you have to progress. Thanks for everyones input. Its makes the learning process a little easier.

Staying upright
if your head is up and your shoulders are level and there is no current or breaking waves you will stay upright. It’s just a matter of relaxing your lower body and lletting the boat do wht is wants. good posture helpw you unloch your shoulders from you hips.

I go over more than many still, but I know this works.

An idea…
I would encourage you to gather information from many sources, and look at it relative to what you are experiencing. As your skills develop your preferences will change and your scope of understanding will broaden. Listen to your own stuff! There are few absolutes…as soon as you come up with one, somebody will blow it away. People have paddled through hell conditions in “rec” boats. A seaworthy craft is one you feel comfortable in in rough conditions and one you can handle. A Nordkapp is not seaworthy for a beginner! Terms are just ways of helping generalize information. Have fun with it and go with what feels right to you. Be safe!

Jaws said it well
All the formal discussion of stabilities is enlightening, and then there’s the comment saying that all this is just bravado and forget about learning to roll… the original post was from someone trying to figure out why they felt like they were going to flip over easily and if they had made a good choice in a kayak. “…Maybe even be glad I bought it.”

Seems that did get answered, but it sure took a while…