Holiday Savings For Paddlers

For those needing a GPS or an upgrade for an older GPS, West Marine has a nice one at 48% off.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmin--gpsmap-78sc-marine-handheld-gps-receiver-with-compass-barometer-and-bluechart-g2-coastal-charts--11553609

Any other holiday saving deals out there?

@Medawgone said:
For those needing a GPS or an upgrade for an older GPS, West Marine has a nice one at 48% off.
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/garmin--gpsmap-78sc-marine-handheld-gps-receiver-with-compass-barometer-and-bluechart-g2-coastal-charts--11553609

Turkeys should be cheaper tomorrow.

I’ve compiled a nice list of some of the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on kayaking, paddle boarding, and outdoor gear from Amazon. I was really excited about a killer deal on a Tower Inflatable Paddle Board. Its regular price I find to be a bit much but this is the best deal I’ve ever seen on it.

Also, I saw a great deal on a Sevylor Colorado tandem fishing kayak. It’s one I almost bought myself a few months ago but it went on back order the day I went to buy it. Its currently priced $100-150 LESS than when I tried to buy it a few months ago so it’s a great deal!

Lots of other little things listed here, too. Something for outdoor lovers of all stripes!

http://boardandkayaklife.com/black-friday-cyber-monday-deals-cant-miss/

I heard the best tip on the radio today pertaining to Black Friday deals:

“…and remember that the absolute best way to save money is to not buy anything at all!”

I know this “Black Friday” thing is a big deal for those of you south of the border, but up here in the “frozen north, eh” it’s pretty new and rather pathetic in terms of bargains to be had.

@Sparky961 said:

I know this “Black Friday” thing is a big deal for those of you south of the border, but up here in the “frozen north, eh” it’s pretty new and rather pathetic in terms of bargains to be had.

Here’s where I shopped today:

Came home with these treasures. :slight_smile:

@Rookie said:

@Sparky961 said:

nice rocks for sure! Nice Nice water too.

@Medawgone said:

My birthdays in a few days thanks!

Just bought some stands to use on the road.

Rookie! Where is that beach? Lovely pebbles!
ACK has some deep discounts on Yakima stuff. Mostly dumping their inventory of round bar related items. I’ve got more than I can use…

@tjalmy said:
Rookie! Where is that beach? Lovely pebbles!

Cross Village, MI (population 270). Launch is called the Port of Cross Village. 45.645292, -85.039876

Beautiful area; plan to paddle from Cross Village to Waugoshance Point next summer, which is part of Wilderness State Park - home to black bears, beaver, bobcats, mink, muskrats, otter, and wolves. Day trip.

@PaddleDog52 said:

@Rookie said:

@Sparky961 said:

nice rocks for sure! Nice Nice water too.

I’ll take twenty pounds of those rocks please ship soon!

@PaddleDog52 said:

I’ll take twenty pounds of those rocks please ship soon!

Would be delighted to …C.O.D. :smile:

°just got 60 pounds of Sea KAYAKER mags for 60 bucks. 1997 till the end 2014

@Rookie said:
Beautiful area; plan to paddle from Cross Village to Waugoshance Point next summer, which is part of Wilderness State Park - home to black bears, beaver, bobcats, mink, muskrats, otter, and wolves. Day trip.

Where’s the Petosky Stone?

On one of my early paddling years (back in the mid '80s), I ‘circumnavigated’ (sort of) the ‘upper’ peninsula of the lower peninsula:
Crooked Lake - Crooked River - Burt Lake - Indian River - Mullet Lake - Cheboygan River - Lake Huron - (under Mackinac Bridge) - Lake Michigan - Harbor Springs
(actual circum. would have been to Petosky State park - Round Lake - Crooked lake (I don’t think the ‘creeks’ between these lakes are navigable) )

@raisins said:

Where’s the Petosky Stone?

Here you go - plus a chunk of chain coral. These I keep indoors; the others go into my garden border.
Nice trip you took on the historic inland waterway. You’re right about those creeks. The indigenous people of the Great Lakes also had to portage to Lake Michigan.

I did my shopping at the Bainbridge GA, NAPA store. Then we continued on to the Lake.