How about the QCC Q400X?

Never email QCC
I know it’s crazy that an INTERNET BASED COMPANY doesn’t reply to emails - but they don’t. Strictly phone guys.

This is one of my pet peeves. If you aren’t going to be responsive to emails - TAKE THE EMAIL ADDRESS OFF THE WEBSITE!

I think they underestimate the loss of sales and goodwill from this one thing. You are not the only one to give up on QCC over this. Damn shame as they are great otherwise.

Good point
400 is OK for paddlers. 600/700 for kayakers.

Won’t be the first time I’ve gotten flamed for making this distinction - but the sort of skills you are interested in is 100% relevant to boat selection.

Almost anything works for general paddling in mild conditions. If you want to venture into more textured stuff, or do longer distances, or race, or develop BASIC skills like rolling/bracing - buy accordingly.

(blush)
Mark! Hope you’re interested in a long day’s paddle from Hammock’s Beach to the south. Probably do it in June or July when there’s plenty of sunlight.

Hoping to get to the salt water soon.

Yep
I am planning on it. I want to do a twenty five mile or so paddle on my own first so I am possitive that I won’t be an anchor. I have gotten to eighteen so far.

I am less than two hours down the road for you. Come on down anytime. Matter of fact, you should consider the May 6 WB race.

Happy Paddling,

Mark

For the really

– Last Updated: Apr-04-06 11:15 PM EST –

HARSH environments we are forced to paddle in down in south florida the 400 will be a perfect day touring/exploring boat IF that is what they are looking for.

It's about what you are going to use the kayak for. Developing basic skills can be acheived with this boat. And as far as rough water (for south florida standards) the boat performs admirably. However, if the poster is into racing....look elsewhere. The boat is not as sloppy in the cockpit as you might think. It depends on the persons build. Personally, I find it snug but that's because I am not very thin but weightwise I fit the boat well. I think Phil would be better at answering that question for you but do call instead of email.

That looks like a interesting
race out through Masonboro inlet and then back.

I just sent my entry in and am passing up a down river race in Virginia the same day that is about five hours closer to me.

I think both of you can break through that wall of the inlet, and I’ll stay just a tad behind and in between you for safety.

Cheers,

JackL