Escalante without a car, a bicycle or hitchhiking which is illegal in Utah sometime in mid April. I can’t find anything. Peace Joel
since when is hitching illegal?
Ive hitched all over utah without a problem
put add in paper in st. george maybe
Yeah that may bre my only bet.
But I was hoping to find a legal way to do it. Here is the law. 41-6a-1009. Use of roadway by pedestrians – Prohibited activities.
(1) Where there is a sidewalk provided and its use is practicable, a pedestrian may not walk along or on an adjacent roadway.
(2) Where a sidewalk is not provided, a pedestrian walking along or on a highway shall walk only on the shoulder, as far as practicable from the edge of the roadway.
(3) Where a sidewalk or a shoulder is not available, a pedestrian walking along or on a highway shall:
(a) walk as near as practicable to the outside edge of the roadway; and
(b) if on a two-way roadway, walk only on the left side of the roadway facing traffic.
(4) A person may not sit, stand, or loiter on or near a roadway for the purpose of soliciting from the occupant of a vehicle:
(a) a ride;
(d) the parking, watching, or guarding of a vehicle; or
(e) other business.
(5) A pedestrian who is under the influence of alcohol or any drug to a degree which renders the pedestrian a hazard may not walk or be on a highway except on a sidewalk or sidewalk area.
(6) Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, a pedestrian on a roadway shall yield the right-of-way to all vehicles on the roadway.
"No person shall stand in a roadway, shoulder area or curb to “thumb” a ride.
If you are under 18 and found hitchiking, you will be picked up and your parents will be contacted.
If you are over 18, a warning will be issued.
Law enforcement officials may issue citation and fines may be imposed. If given a citation for hitchiking, fine imposed is $47.00. State law considers hitchhiking a Class C misdemeanor."
So you get penalized for not having a car?
Sounds screwy to me. Like ive said ive hitched all over utah and saw MANy cops drive by and they didnt seem to care.
Contact the Zion Zanterra website for employees. Im sure there are plenty that will give you a ride from st george since so many live there and work in zion in the summer etc.
do a google search for
TotalYellowstonePaGE. COM… ITS A WEB SITE mainly for Yellowstone with a message board BUT the homepage has EVERY park in the USA and a message board for each including ZION…so track down a ride that way. Its not that far maybe 50 minute drive at the most.
If I could get to Bryce I would almost be there!
I was picked by the cops hitching in
Utah…I was on the highway and he drove me to an exit and told me to get lost…