How do you get a 17' sea kayak onto an RV?

Yeah, look at that. Airdrie, Alberta. Is there even any water around there?? Odd place for them to set up base.

I plan to be traveling across the country next year, so this might be a stop on the way.

its right outside Calgary and while there are rapeseed farms there is water too!

Upper and Lower Kananaskis Lakes are only 3 square miles in combined area but the setting for paddling is magnificent – about 2 hour drive from Calgary. There is also 13 mile long narrow Lake Minnewanka, which extends east from the excellent campground on the outskirts of Banff. Also surrounded by spectacular glaciated peaks.

Interesting – I did not realize rapeseed was such a thirsty crop. But then the streams I paddled in Yorkshire UK last year wound through a lot of rapeseed fields so that makes sense. The cottage I rented on that trip was on a rapeseed farm along the River Rye. View from the cottage window (the river is just past the distant trees). Flying over Yorkshire in the spring, it looks like a green, gold and brown patchwork quilt :

You comment read “onto” my brain comprehended “into”… I thought Why… Then thought nothing short fusing a chainsaw is going to fit 17’ “INTO” … I am not under the influence… but hey I chuckled at myself.

@simple kayaker said:
You comment read “onto” my brain comprehended “into”… I thought Why… Then thought nothing short fusing a chainsaw is going to fit 17’ “INTO” … I am not under the influence… but hey I chuckled at myself.

I did look into “toy haulers” and a pair of 17 ft seakayaks. The custom box out to fit the kayak took out too much living/storage space. But conceivably it could be possible. As my engineer father used to say anything is possible with plenty of “time and money.”