How important to NOT store kayak on it's

Just did, but you weren’t paying
attention. Try to learn more about poly, ABS, composites, aluminum, wood canvas.

Don’t store that aluminum canoe on the floor.

I was paying attention. I was also
poking you to see how many times you’d repeat yourself.

My aluminum solo canoe is in the floor on it’s side.

Thanks to all
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on storage position. Also, thanks for the VERY entertaining sidebars. :>)

I decided to go with cockpit down and as equally supported as possible.

Tom

OLD kayak ?
HOW old ? When roto-molded kayaks burst on the scene considerable suspicion and paranoia were exercised on what the hull would deform into if left in the garage.

Owners would park with yak on top, go into the Super Duper for orange juice/cookies, come out only to find…

read here … http://goo.gl/sR4IV6

BTW, oil in oil canning refers to more than 10-30W.

OLD kayak ?
HOW old ? When roto-molded kayaks burst on the scene considerable suspicion and paranoia were exercised on what the hull would deform into if left in the garage.

Owners would park with yak on top, go into the Super Duper for orange juice/cookies, come out only to find…

read here … http://goo.gl/sR4IV6

BTW, oil in oil canning refers to more than 10-30W.

OK, I don’t mind being poked.

As old as you want, to make the
discussion factually meaningless.

Anybody can buy a cheap poly kayak today and get it to warp in the sun. But just sitting on the floor in a cool basement? I can’t even get a Rubbermaid to warp that way.

Like you, I was around, and active, when the first poly kayaks appeared. They seldom warped just from sitting on a cool surface. It took heat, and pressure. And seal launches off the hard edge of docks. That would stretch the plastic under the seat real nice. Still will.

Try to be more helpful and less “original”. Or just work on your English.

?

– Last Updated: Jul-16-14 8:54 PM EST –

Dog may object to 'degassing' if not style.

The OP asked. OP would look to supporting a quality environment for the OLD roto molded yak.

OLD moves the yak's chemistry into a time when sellers and buyers were concerned not but yak's but all plastics. Remember pulling on a plastic ring handle....?

Standing the hull on end was a surprise. I had non thought ( excuse) on end was a ploy, mindless idiotic sculpture ex (sorry), space saver, eye catching ad visual (viz) but no !!!

I look forward to owning one so I too can drag the hull down the jetty. Grate fun. Wheeee

5000 pts to the OP for spitting on the assembled when leaving the post with his yak upside down.

poor dog. Off course you know a dog's brain is wired to the nose where ours is sometimes wired to our eyes.