How long do map edits and launch comments take to post?

I have made several map edits in my area and posted a number of comments to help other kayakers out, but nothing has posted in the past month. Many of the launches in my area have 11-12 year old comments and I posted a bunch of updates. I assume these get moderated or forwarded to local super users or something. Thanks.

No, updates and additions to maps are not moderated. I think that section of the site has been broken since pNet was sold. Or maybe when the software was changed.

Yikes, that’s disappointing. I was looking at an area another county over from me and there were edits to a launch as recent as 21 days ago. Something somewhere is working it seems. Thanks for the intel either way.

It seems that sometimes they work and sometimes they don’t… not a good thing.

Maybe @VSAdmin can have this looked into.

I will raise this one with the team

Can I get a screenshot or link as an example?

Jeff

@VSAdmin I have been away a bit and just noticed your reply. Recovering from a little kayak-related sunburn actually haha.

I first edited Harmony Canoe Launch on 5/31. I made a substantial number of edits and also added a Disqus comment, none of which appeared. After noticing my edits weren’t up, I attempted another edit on 6/12 and those are not live either.

On 6/12, I edited Portersville Bay and it looks like my Disqus comment posted, but none of the other details like the name change. I have a screen capture of the email I received that listed the fields I suggested edits for. (I’m only including one screen capture to avoid cluttering this post but I can add more if needed.)

On 6/13 I suggested that The Spot be removed because it is an obvious duplicate of the one I was suggesting edits for the day before.

Then finally on 6/20 I posted edits to Christian’s Landing in terms of description and parking features, but at that point I was pretty much giving up on ever seeing my edits show on the map.

My gut instinct was that there is an area-wide approver or moderator or something approving or denying all these changes, but an earlier reply mentioned that is not the case. I did receive a paddling.com confirmation email each time I placed an edit. Some of the launches in my area are quite stale and I’m happy to contribute changes where I can, I’m just not seeing them. Thanks for your time.

Heya,

Sorry for the delay, are you seeing them now?

Jeff

Jeff,

I have been entering LOTS of information into your Website. My “Trip” is called “Great Pinery Heritage Waterway”. Only a few of the items I have entered have shown up on your Website. I have many examples of your conformation emails in a Word Document with dates and times. I would be happy to send this document to you if you provided me with a means to do so. I hope once you have the examples the issue(s) with website updates can be corrected.

Many Thanks,
Daniel Bowen
drbowen1@charter.net

Still being looked into. I’m currently having trouble accessing the link at all. Did you try and delete it?

Kevin

Kevin,

URL:

I will attempt to upload the WORD document with many of the Add/Change/Update Paddling Confirmations. Looks like only images can be uploaded, too bad.

Dan Bowen

Sent you an email so we can try to get these edits done :+1:

Kevin

Kevin,
Did you get the WORD document with all of the updates I tried and could not find in the system.
Dan

Hey there
Very sorry for the dropping off on this. I found your word document in my spam folder, which is thankfully set to not automatically clean. I can move forward with the doc changes now, but let me know if you want to re-submit.

Kevin