How many canoes do you own?..

One…
a Great Canadian. Soon none as I am giving it to my brother.

sing

You can visit the mohawk
Any time you want just ask terry. not that it is loved any less but i beleive in visitation rights.

i hope to own a total of three canoesa by the april ozark trip. and a few more kayaks.

Probe 12 is fully outfitted. All WW boat

I saw at Mohawk are already outfitted. No shells left. In my case it saved me time as was outfitted as I wanted it. She is Teal w/ Teal bags.

I am a masochist; stopped at Fat Elmo’s three times, BUT the second time did snag a real deal on a 2-1/2 person tent and a few accessories on clearance. Seemed to be a real hit and miss place to stop. I do not stop anymore either as mainly a waste of time. Had the same feeling about ownership, but had to ask.

:^)

Mick

“Sea Wind”? Thought you were having

– Last Updated: Jan-23-06 2:15 PM EST –

too much trouble getting in and out of Sea Wind type boats now? Leg getting better Terry? Hope So!!!

Are you back home from your latest hospital visit now Terry?

>:^)

Mick

Did O.K…

– Last Updated: Jan-23-06 2:46 PM EST –

....in the Loon 138 during duck season. Borrowed my old one and used it without falling getting in or out, and that was with waders. Maybe I ought to try one of those "Plastic Krugers," as Swedge calls them, AKA WS Pamlico tandem with a rudder. I still remember that nasty fall I took last summer getting out of the Monarch. But I sure miss that boat! Yup, out of the hospital now. EKG back to normal. Just going to have to deal with occasional chest pain. WW

None, but 4 own me!

– Last Updated: Jan-23-06 5:07 PM EST –

I feel like I live my life around boats now. There are even some out there that I don't support financially or provide shelter for that have a piece of my life because I think about them all the time.

I feel cheap and used by them and their kayak cousins. I don't expect you folks to offer sypmathy, just opportunities for me to paddle "my precious", oops, I mean your boats.

Really, I am ok. Just ask my wife :)

All were bought used.

Pamlico is a great rec boat. Had a few.

– Last Updated: Jan-24-06 7:29 AM EST –

Good fishing, hunting, paddling, camping, etc. Not soft plastic, but harder, thinner, keeps shape better, faster, lighter if remember correctly, and so on. Paddlers always fought over who got the Pamlico when the kids were paddling and we had a bunch of plastic yaks.

Remember, as long as I still have the Monarch you can always have it back. Currently ordering/making the parts to upgrade it. Same deal as before, what I have into it is the price.

Will be looking at up grading seat/yoke hangers, retainers, rudder control, rudders, and so on, on all of my Kruger type boats soon.

Continuing pain a bummer! Stay well Terry!

>:^)

Mick

5 plus adding 1 more
Right now have 5 boats and sold 1 last year

One 1980’s Blue Hole, two Old Town Otters for the girls, and one 14’ solo pirogue/canoe.

Had left over material from building the first pirogue so built a 12.5 ft. pirogue for the wife.

Now I have drawn up plans for a stich and glue, 14.5 ft, 6 panel, solo canoe to start this spring when the weather warms a little. Think I have picked up another bad habit. Oh well.

For the record: If I had it to do over again I would not of bought the girls the OT Otters last spring. I would of built a couple stick and glue wacky-lassie’s or small pirogue’s. The girls love helping me and they could put whatever wild custom paint on them they wanted. Just imagine the paint jobs that two 9/10 year old girls would pic. Wow! Cost would be about the same, maybe a little less for the stich & glue boat, but the time we spend building them and the pride we have in them is priceless. Also when we go camping guess who hauls all the gear. Those Otter are nice little day trip boats but have very little gear storage. Old Town needs to come up with a seat that allows access to the rear compartment. Hint, Hint. Any Ideas?

Enjoy,

Chris

One…but…
I’m just getting started. Already trying to decide on a light weight solo boat that I can walk across the road to the creek when it gets high.

The car hasn’t seen the garage in years
My babies in order of birth:

1)We-no-nah Advantage

2)We-no-nah Odyssey

3)We-no-nah Cascade

4)We-no-nah J-210

5)Bell Wildfire

6)Bell Magic

7)We-no-nah Javilin (Outrigger)

8)Bell Chestnut Prospector (Born last few weeks, on its way! Sorry… I’m outta cigars)

It’s all about the right tool for the right job, correct?

Just 2 years into the sport
Started with a used 13’3 Grumman that I still own and use. Next, a used Swift Raven that I used and sold on P-net. Then, a brand new Bluehole Sequel WW boat that I sold on P-net. After that a used 12’ Blackhawk that I brought and sold on P-net. Now I have a new Perseption Acadia 12.5 rec kayak that I use along with my modified Grumman.

I’m looking to buy a 14 foot flat bottom that’s light with a narrow beam.

Four-and-a-half
All are solos, all were bought, and all get used as often as possible. The one I choose depends on the type of water.

*Hemlock Peregrine - KV/CF

*Bell Wildfire - RX - bought before the name changed to Yellowstone

*Mohawk Challenger - RX - Oldie but a goodie.

*Mohawk Odyssey - R84 - the last one Mohawk sold.

*Also co-building a cedar stripper based on the Osprey.

JK

Two
I have:

-Mad River Canoe Revelation: Obtained new, it was actually a wedding present from a group of friends. How cool are my friends?

-Wenonah Solitude: bought used and needed minimal work. I discovered 2 years into owning the Revelation that getting my wife on the water was too dificult, and paddling the Rev solo is too much work.

-I just received the plans for AiroLITE’s Snowshoe 14, but I probably won’t be able to start until next winter.

-MEAT

Certainly not enough yet! ;^)

How many?
Lets see…

MR Explorer, used a dozen or so times last year, bought new.

MR Outrage, used quite often, bought used.

Swift Osprey, used quite often, bought used.

Milbrook ME, haven’t used it yet DOH!, bought used.

Perception Slasher, used a dozen or so times last year, bought used.

Wavesport Foreplay (conversion), used a dozen or so times last year , bought used.

Perception Whip-It (conversion), trying to get my kid to paddle it with minimal luck, used.

Apparently I have 7 canoes at the moment not counting the yaks.

Tommy

Right now
1 1947 Old Town 16’ HW vintage 1947, 1 Old Town 18’ Guide 1930’s, 1 Carlton 18’ 1920’s. All bought used( well used). 1 old Mohawk factory 3rd bought the bare hull and railed it myself. 1 13’ Nature Bound Wisp being made into a planter or hot tub. 1 Wenonah J200 race boat,and 1 old Wabash Valley race boat. That makes 7 at this time. The Carlton is in rehab and the Nature Bound is a piece of crap all the others get used.