How to attach hood loops on 2013 Buick Enclave

Hi,

I want to use hood loops (see attachment) to transport my kayaks. I’m able to attach them on the frame (using screws) of some other cars under the hood, e.g. BMW 328i. However, I can’t find any screws for this under the hood of my 2013 Enclave. Does anybody know if hood loops can be attached onto this car?

Thanks,

Jie

If there’s no obvious anchoring point, you might consider switching to the types that are designed to be removed when not in use. Seals, Yakima, Seattle Sports, and several other companies make them, and they’re still only $14-15.

http://www.sealsskirts.com/prod_detect.php?i=68

Thanks chicago_paddler.

Jie

Straps are coming out of tube you close in hood.

Just a side thought. If you haven’t done so you might get on the ground with a flashlight and see if there are any useable holes in the structural metal. My Sienna doesn’t have tow hooks but I found enough holes to hook up to. Just need to lie down on a piece of a cardboard to reach them.

I have been using the loop and rubber tube set with my Mazda CX5 for 2 years and they work quite well, without needing to be permanently installed. You just position them and shut the hood.

@willowleaf said:
I have been using the loop and rubber tube set with my Mazda CX5 for 2 years and they work quite well, without needing to be permanently installed. You just position them and shut the hood.

Would they work with a tailgate?

@SpaceSputnik said:

Would they work with a tailgate?

I don’t see why not, but I’d be giving a very good tug on them after closing the hatch to make sure they’re secure.

The rear floor of my Santa Fe has a couple of built-in, folding steel loops so I just looped 2 lengths of Sta-Set rope around them, enough so that they can protrude through the hatch, and I attach my stern lines to them.

I had a Class 3 (light duty) hitch receiver installed on my Mazda, It has steel loops on either side that I can use to connect the stern lines. Don’t see why the rubber hose loops would not work on a tail gate, but keeping them in position might be a problem. They might slide back and forth and could be a pain to deal with opening and closing the hatch.

doubt they will slide with the weatherstripping.

Tek Screws…but if you have to ask this might be too complicated. Sheet metal strong but not vital point of attachment.

Loop a rope or some webbing around a piece of 2x4. Throw the 2x4 in the hatch with the rope dangling outside. Close the hatch and snug it up against the inside. Voila! Temporary attachment point.

@Sparky961 said:
Loop a rope or some webbing around a piece of 2x4. Throw the 2x4 in the hatch with the rope dangling outside. Close the hatch and snug it up against the inside. Voila! Temporary attachment point.

That’s a really good idea!

I think I’d prefer a 6" block of 4x4 with a 1/2" drill bit put through the middle of it for my rope attachment, but it’s the same principle.

For the front anchor, you can always go around the upper front door hinge. No need to take it off; just open the door and toss it inside - hangs there, out of the way, until next time.

@kfbrady said:

@Sparky961 said:

That’s a really good idea!

I think I’d prefer a 6" block of 4x4 with a 1/2" drill bit put through the middle of it for my rope attachment, but it’s the same principle.

Thanks. Indeed, there are lots of variations on the theme. I was in a rush one day and just used what was in front of me.

Watch rope doesn’t mess up weather stripping. Flat nylon strap may be safer.