How to test paddle a CD Vision 120sp

I want to see if I fit in and can use a CD Vision 120sp, but don’t know how to go about it. Sanborn Canoe says I will fit (5’ 10", 160#, flat water use), but I figure I need to see for myself and test paddle before buying one from them or on used market (driving hours away). Willing to drive within Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi to test paddle.

2 Likes

Rental at kayak shop, local club, used one, or drive to them.

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll fit also.

1 Like

The problem I’ve found is that some boats just don’t feel right even though you “fit”. Maybe its different seats or outfitting, maybe the geometry of the cockpit and/or coaming, maybe the deck height or positioning of the footbraces … Do what you can to at least sit in one for awhile, even if on foam blocks at the dealer. Not the same as a real demo by any means, but better than nothing.

2 Likes

@Buffalo_Alice agree. Anyone new to kayaking needs to understand that just because two kayaks are the same width, length and deck height doesn’t mean it will have the same foot room (look at the different profile of Symmetric, Fish and Swede form hulls). A kayak with standard foot braces might have more leg room than the same boat with a rudder, if the footpegs must slide to steer. Test the boat.

I looked at a thermofoil boat this weekend. The cockpit was comfortable despite listing tighter space specifications. Although reviews were favorable, the predominant comment in reviews mentiined poor tracking, which is the characteristic I value most. I typically turn once, when I reach the end of my trip.

1 Like